Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:33 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:27 pm 
Hi all.

I have been looking for a backpack that will hose not only my camera gear but also my laptop and some misc gear. I wanted something that can take all my gear if needed and with access to the camera without necessarily taking the pack off. After some researching on the net i opted for the Lowepro Fastpack 250.

Ill take u through the tour with pictures and add my comments on top :)

Here for size comparison next to small brother Nova 140 AW... the nova is a great companion for that shorter trip or just a walk around the town...

As said Fastpack 250 is not the smallest backpack but the size is reasonable specially when considering the amount of things it can carry.
Next front top zippered compartment is of smaller size but will take a few things like some snacks or paper tissues etc...

The back of the pack is heavy padded and good to be so as when u will load all the gear in it will become heavy but the padded back will provide good back support on the longer trip. Straps seam to be also padded well and are comfortable when pack is loaded... on the straps u can find a cell phone pocket if ure phone is really small or for a mem card ... on other side u can attach additional pouches that lowepro sells separately. in the bottom there is a waist belt to help u balance the pack if needed personally i have not used it yet.

Top pocket is reasonable size it has some pockets for ure cell phone, a mesh compartment, place to connect the keys ... will also take ure sandwiches etc :)

The laptop compartment is accessible from the side ... once again the compartment is heavy padded from both sides and will take up to 15.4 inch laptop ... i have a 12 and 15 inch IBM/Lenovo laptops and below u can see them in the compartment. Actually with some adjusting i can place both in but down the road i think this would hurt the bag as its not designed to carry 2 machines ... still it can be done but at ure own risk ;)

12 inch inside

12 inside 15 outside

15 inside 12 outside

both in :)

Now we move on to the bottom of the bag... as said the fastpack 250 series allows u to drop one shoulder strap and access the camera from the side ... this will allow u not to put the pack off and i found it convenient enough. Note when the pack is fully loaded it might prove to be a bit hard to do so... The camera compartment fully opens once u release the flap on top of it so u can rearrange ure setup, change ure lens, take out the flash or whatever u need from there. Note that for this exercise u will need to take the pack off... yes it can be done also from side but u risk drooping some gear on the floor so i advise against that. Under the flap there is another pocket that can hold misc things... also on the side of the bag u can see a water bottle holder.
Inside of the camera compartment all is completely customizable so u can assure the best fit and protection for ure gear i found that highly useful... u will be able to have a D-SLR with an attached tele. lens on plus at least 3 lenses and additional gear...

In the end i must say i can recommend this bag to anyone that wants to transport his camera gear + a laptop and some other things... I have payed for it 85euro and find it a good value.
It comes in red/black, green/black and black/black combination as u can see i opted for the last...

I hope u have enjoyed this writeup and find it useful... if u have any questions do not hesitate to ask ;)

Kind regards, Laz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:30 pm 
Nice review - it has been very helpful. I think I may consider getting this bag for the laptop + camera combo!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:13 pm 
great review, the pictures really helped me with my decision.

i've been looking at this for awhile now, but couldnt find detailed enough pictures of the bag actually filled with gear. i found one on ebay so hopefully it'll be here sooner than later!

p.s.
great watch, i have the same one :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:05 pm 
mkan916 wrote:
great review, the pictures really helped me with my decision.

i've been looking at this for awhile now, but couldnt find detailed enough pictures of the bag actually filled with gear. i found one on ebay so hopefully it'll be here sooner than later!

p.s.
great watch, i have the same one :D

Well thank you! Appreciate u found it usefull ;)

PS yes the SD is a classic but i sold mine this year to get the DSSD :)

Laz