Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:25 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Zuiko 35-100mm F2 Lens
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:32 pm 
What can be said about this lens that hasn't already been said? When I first bought the lens I was extremely excited. While waiting for it to be delivered I started reading stories online about the lens having front focus issues, softness issues, etc. I didn't know what to expect. When the lens first arrived the first thing I noticed was just how huge it is. It is the heavy, but I would say not as heavy as some would lead you to believe. With an E-3 + grip + this lens + fl50r it shouldn't be much of an issue to hold this combination for a few hours before getting a tad bit tired (your physical condition/opinions may vary). I personally don't like to go off of sharpness charts and numbers and graphs, I like to actually see the lens in action. In action, this lens is amazing. In this shot I was about 8 feet from the stage on a bench. This shot is at f2:
Here is a link to the 100% version: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2783/4027863267_3c1685c971_o.jpg
That was in a dark venue with the flash bounced off the ceiling. Of course it's not just sharp, it produces excellent bokeh as well. Here is an example:
Once again @ f2. Here is a link to the 100% version: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3525/3898964027_194f0b9ee7_o.jpg

My one complaint with this lens is that I haven't been using it enough. In most of my work I've used the 12-60 lens which I do feel is much more practical for every day use as its extremely lighter and not such a conversation starter. It's much harder to get a candid shot outside in public with a lens like this. However, if you're into event photography where people are much less mindful of the camera, this lens may be a great choice. If you're into shooting portraits/people, this lens is without a doubt the ultimate lens to have. I would best describe as having the quality of the 50mm f2 (or extremely similar) across various focal lengths. If you can afford it (barely or comfortably, i fell under the "barely" category), I highly recommend this lens. If you shoot professionally and make money money off your work, I can easily see this lens paying for itself. I bought mine used. Here are some other shots taken with this lens:

Thanks for taking the time to view this!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:14 am 
great lens. The only and the biggest aperture in telephoto zoom category! thanks for sharing.