Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:18 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:09 am 
You were enormously helpful this week in helping me narrow my search and choosing a new camera to replace a trusty FujiFilm S5100, whose shutter stopped working. So I pondered a day or two on two new cameras, the Lumix FZ35 and the Canon PowerShot SX20IS. Your comparisons and reviews were invaluable, the best assistance I found on the Internet, and I selected the Panasonic, rather surprising since I love my Canon dSLR. Just got it yesterday, but I am already impressed with the lens, picture quality, etc. Thank you heartily for your assistance. :D :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:14 am 

Hello JFS7, and welcome to the friendly Camera Labs forum!
To enjoy your stay here please have a look at the house-rules!
----
Nice words you find for the Camera Labs forum. Appreciated.
Have fun with your new gear and hope to see you contribute here with some insights or further questions!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:08 pm 
congrats on your buy.hope yr enjoyin it. im in the market for the same products ie the fz 35 and the canon sx20is. i havent been able to make the choice between the 2 yet. could u help me with what got you to make up your mind.also what do feel about about the raw function ?
cheers

Post subject: Comparing fz35 & sx20is
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:24 am 
I was interested in comparing two videos, one from each of these cameras at a marina, in which the quality of the Canon video seemed much better than the Panny. Bad news for me as I've already ordered the Panny.

Can someone confirm (or deny) that the Canon has the better HD video?

I have a ZS3 and I would also like to know how the video from the fz35 compares with video from the ZS3.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:57 am 

Hello fbx, and welcome to the friendly Camera Labs forum!
To enjoy your stay here please have a look at the house-rules!
----
When you read Gordon's comparison of both here both cameras seem equally capable (both also score 86%).
If both videos you saw where filmed under identical conditions and showed the same scenes, than the comparison should be valid. But if not, don't rely on the outcome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:57 pm 
Hello,
first of all thanks a lot for the excellent reviews of the Panasonic fz35/38 and the Canon SX20IS.
Looking at the sample videos, I am still not convinced by the colors of the fz35. Comparing its videos with those of the Canon SX200 IS, the images of the FZ38/35 look very saturated and "unnaturally" blueish/purplish.
The AVCHDlite videos look maybe sharper than those of the Canon but the colours in the videos of the Canon SX20IS look much more natural.
Comparing all the available pairs of videos on youtube and vimeo it seems that the difference is systematic.
Is it so? Could it be corrected?

Thanks