Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:37 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Fuji F200 EXR P&S camera
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:18 pm 
I don't see any reviews of this particular camera here (might have missed) and thought I'd add a few words. As a previous owner of 6 P&S cameras, including the Panasonic LX-2 as my latest, I have some experience with this genre. (I also shoot with the Olympus 4/3rd system, E-620 with multiple of their high level lenses).

But I recently purchased this little gem as a carry around for hiking, some traveling, general use including landscapes and wildflowers catch-as-catch can photographs. Readers may be aware that Fuji, with this camera, has done some creative magic with their sensor, allowing almost unheralded dynamic range, and a level of automatic shooting perhaps previously unknown in quality P&S cameras.

While I didn't start out expecting very much, I am constantly amazed at how technically proficient the camera is. (It won't create a photographic genius out of a moron, nor an artist out of a clod), but it WILL take a technically excellent picture (including macros) about 99% of the time. In fact, it's pretty darned hard to stump this little thing. But the most amazing feature is probably that dynamic range: brilliant white cumulous clouds over dark foregrounds are all captured in a virtual in-camera HDR fashion.

I've used one-shot HDR photos for this purpose since getting into digital photography, but for the first time, I don't have to go through this painstaking PP work on every picture.

So, if you are a reader of this forum, and are thinking about a carry-around, very petite P&S camera for general use, then consider this one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:02 pm 

Firstly... welcome to Camera Labs.

Can you post some images from the camera in it's 3 different modes?

One of the high dynamic range (in camera HDR) would be great :D

Canon EOS 30/33 and Pentax MX/ME Super

MY FLICKR!