Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:25 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:24 am 

I saw this very compact Sigma on display at Adorama, could not find a review on it, so I decided to test it against the Canon and Nikon. If you are in the market for a standard zoom lens and are wondering about the Sigma,
check it out, it will help you make a decision, hopefully :O)
top entry
http://www.mikekobal.com/blog
Cheers,
Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:31 pm 
great stuff. I have a bit problem with Sigma AF switch. Sometimes it switch automatically to M mode, do you have this problem? is it just my hand accidentally switch it or there are other reasons?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:00 pm 
Mike, thanks for the review. I've decided to move this to the review section with a link to it in the Sigma section.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:45 pm 
Great review, but I'd like to see the photos side by side in an image format instead of Video. I personally can't judge the images this way :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:57 pm 

thanks guys, I know, have to find a better server solution for next time, just too many would download the shots, but for now you can download the video from vimeo at least you would get the crops at 720x1080pixels-keep in mind the lenses are so similar that even looking at it in raw at 200% you can barely see the difference.
cheers,
mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:07 am 
Wunderbar, Mike! Danke for the review. I think you've done a great job.

A.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:47 pm 
Nice review, i quite like the video aspect although i agree that it would maybe be nice to see some image crops displayed in the same post on your blog. I am very tempted by the Sigma, even though it will be a couple of lenses more before i start thinking about upgrading my Walkaround Zoom. It's compact size and light weight, in comparison to the Canon really appeals to me.
Thanks for the review!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:03 am 

thanks podgeorge und ant1!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:40 pm 
This deserves a bump for the awesome video he recently posted on his blog of the Macy's Fourth of July firework show he filmed using the 5D Mark II with this lens.