Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:31 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:06 pm 
I wanted to buy the Nikon D80 with the 18-200mm VR. I then decided to go for the 18-135mm + 70-300mm VR, since the price difference was minimal from getting the kit lense and not... I figured that way I'd be covered in for 18-300mm which is nice :D But the shop didnt gave me any significant "cash-back" for taking it all together, so then I decided to start with the 18-135mm alone. That way I could always come back and buy the other if needed. I also bought the SB-600 since there was an offer which meant i got it for like 1500 dollars or so...

It charged for the night, and I've been shooting since the morning. I got some pretty nice pictures (try my flickr link below).

As far as what i think about the camera. It's great! There's absolutely no problems with vinegance or anything what so ever. I was doubting about the lense though I didnt rly though I'd need it. But it fantastic to work with, this camera havent got any Stabillisation, and the first pictures i took in darkness was pretty bad because of the bad blitz in the camera. Then I attached the SB-600 and the pictures were much better. It was almost like in daylight... :) about the lens, I think I'll buy the 70-300mm VR some day, but for now this is good enough for my needs. I miss the Stabillisation though :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:33 pm 
Site Admin

Hi cam-kid, congrats on your purchase - the 18-135mm is a great kit lens, so don't beat yourself up too much about it!

And if you go for the 70-300mm next, you'll have a great package - watch out for our review of it soon!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:23 pm 
Super Camera mate, I would love a D200 but my E-510 will keep me going.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:07 pm 
Hehe :D sounds good Gordon!

And Womba (the fish or not :D ) Go for Nikon!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:17 am 
Hey I am wondering does the Nikon D80 have a Bulb mode or something like that? I would like to buy one an I don't know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:15 pm 
Yes the D80 has a bulb mode. I think all DSLRs do. You will need to use the delayed shutter setting with it or a remote release to avoid camera shake. Nikon do a cable release and an electronic remote which works with a number of their cameras including the D40 and D80.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:25 pm 
thx for the tip.i wish you a lot of great pictures