Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:50 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Choosing a new camera
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 7:02 pm 
I am the owner of a D200 and a rnage of pretty expensive Nikon lenses. For me this is fine because my images supply me with an income (I am a researcher) and therefore are tax deductable, VAT return etc.

Since i have my D200 my wife has been "borrowing" this on a day to day basis, quite frustrating at times I can tell you. A solution being buying my wife her own DSLR which she uses imaging the cats, the kids, the flowers ... just day to day amateur photography.

The big question ofcourse being which DSLR to buy for pure amateur purposes .... the choices are enormous as you all will probably know, having some experience after researching my purchase and reading up about other possible offers we came to the following conclusion... what we wanted is a "fun" and easy to use DSLR with a wide range of affordable interchangable lenses all with acceptable imaging qualities...

We wanted a proper DSLR, no need for extensive features, good/reasonable lens quality and all this at a humane price.

We bought the E-400 with 2 kit lenses for just over 600€, this partly based on areview on this forum .... I must say this kit is great, although very small, the lenses are very good for day to day cat, kid and flower use, the body feels firm and professional and the handling is great... for all those looking at Nikon d40x, canon d400, sony's and pentaxes ... check this little monster out it is well worth the money.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 7:13 pm 
Hey

Well im no expert in camera choices but i would suggest the Nikon D40x as its got a little "?" which helps amateurs with photographs and shows a neat little graphic of what is happening inside the camera, might work with your lenses you already have but not 100% sure and isn't that expensive.

Good luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:46 pm 

Hey Cornelius,

the problem with the lenses was already all solved then - with your stock of Nikon gear 8) (B.t.w.: you should update your signature, so we know what you're talking of...)
You should have got her a 18-200mm VR on a D40x body, and she'd be happy :D

Last edited by Thomas on Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:21 pm 

Cornelius wrote:
I am the owner of a D200 and a rnage of pretty expensive Nikon lenses. For me this is fine because my images supply me with an income (I am a researcher) and therefore are tax deductable, VAT return etc.

Since i have my D200 my wife has been "borrowing" this on a day to day basis, quite frustrating at times I can tell you. A solution being buying my wife her own DSLR which she uses imaging the cats, the kids, the flowers ... just day to day amateur photography.

The big question ofcourse being which DSLR to buy for pure amateur purposes .... the choices are enormous as you all will probably know, having some experience after researching my purchase and reading up about other possible offers we came to the following conclusion... what we wanted is a "fun" and easy to use DSLR with a wide range of affordable interchangable lenses all with acceptable imaging qualities...

We wanted a proper DSLR, no need for extensive features, good/reasonable lens quality and all this at a humane price.

We bought the E-400 with 2 kit lenses for just over 600€, this partly based on areview on this forum .... I must say this kit is great, although very small, the lenses are very good for day to day cat, kid and flower use, the body feels firm and professional and the handling is great... for all those looking at Nikon d40x, canon d400, sony's and pentaxes ... check this little monster out it is well worth the money.....

This isn't a question then?

Various lenses, SB800 & Manfrotto 190 with 460MG head