Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:40 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 11:05 am 

My wife is looking to upgrade from her Canon p&s to a ILC camera. It would be for casual picture taking, family, grandson some scenery etc.

She has been looking at the Lumix Gf6 with 14-42 lens and the Olympus E-PM2 with 14-42 & 40-150 lens. Both are under $400' which is our target price. She likes the built in flash and tilt screen on the GF6, but honestly does not know if she would use it.

But we have read that the Olympus picture quality is much better, though the menu system takes some getting used to.

We have read Gordon's review of the GF6, but have not been able to find any reviews as thorough as his on the E-PM2.

Thanks in advance for any help.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 1:43 am 

Quote:
We have read Gordon's review of the GF6, but have not been able to find any reviews as thorough as his on the E-PM2.

Have you taken a look at Gordon's E-PL5 review? I ask because the E-PL5 is basically an E-PM2 with the addition of a tilt LCD and mode dial.

And yes, personally, I also feel that my E-PL5 has better still/photo image quality than my GH2. (But the GH2 -- especially when hacked -- has advantages for video.)

HTH - Mark

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 1:55 am 

Maestro wrote:
Quote:

Have you taken a look at Gordon's E-PL5 review? I ask because the E-PL5 is basically an E-PM2 with the addition of a tilt LCD and mode dial.

And yes, personally, I also feel that my E-PL5 has better still/photo image quality than my GH2. (But the GH2 -- especially when hacked -- has advantages for video.)

HTH - Mark

Thanks, We will take a look at Gordon's E-pL5 review, not too concerned about video as it would be mainly for stii shots.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 2:19 pm 

After reading Gordon's review my wife has decided to pick up a E-PM2 kit with two lenses and an 8GB flashair card.

She is not overly concerned about having the mode dial or flip screen and would rather save the $100 and have the additional lens.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 6:35 am 

Congrats on your purchase! Hope you stick around and share some of your photos with us.

Mark

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 11:33 pm 

We hope to have the E-PM2 tomorrow and hopefully will get to play around and get some pictures this weekend.
Depending on how my wife likes it I may pick up a refurbished E-PL5 for myself.