Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:24 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:55 pm 

Hi,
Does anyone know what is the best budget camera with an audio jack input, does not really matter if it is a compact or DSLR . I will be using a rode video pro and need good sound. I will be shooting mainly video.

Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:34 am 

Hi. I have quite a pronounced hand tremor and looking for advice on which camera to get.
I'm particularly interested in nature, from deer down to insect life.
I've tried mounting my existing camera on a tripod but I still shake the camera when I take the photo. I'm thinking something with an ir remote and not too heavy. Any thoughts please?

Last edited by alice on Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:33 pm 

thestoat wrote:
Hi,
Does anyone know what is the best budget camera with an audio jack input, does not really matter if it is a compact or DSLR . I will be using a rode video pro and need good sound. I will be shooting mainly video.

Thanks

Perhaps nobody's answered because there is no "best" camera as there are all sorts of subjective and intangible qualities at play?

The Canon EOS 550D is relatively affordable (even more so second hand) and you can get very good quality video without having to spend a fortune on lenses. With Magic Lantern, you have a range of audio settings as well.

For some, the downside is that unless you use parfocal lenses, manual focusing is your best option if you plan on zooming during shooting as the contrast-based autofocus when doing video is not the quickest.

CSCs: Panasonic DMC-GF3
Lenses: Panasonic Lumix G 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:38 am 

Rorschach wrote:
thestoat wrote:

Perhaps nobody's answered because there is no "best" camera as there are all sorts of subjective and intangible qualities at play?

That, plus, while "good sound" is subjective, it's generally recommended that, for "good sound", one should at least use an external recorder, perferably with a field mixer. e.g. I own and shoot video on a Canon 650D (T4i) and wouldn't think of using the audio for anything more than a sync track for audio recorded on my TASCAM DR100 Mark II and/or Zoom H6.

Mark