Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:10 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Sujjest me guys.....
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:24 am 
Hi guys... I want to purchase a camera but i choose 3 and don't know which one is the best.....? First two model i choose from Panasonic company and last one is from cannon but i don't know which one is the best please help me to choose the best one............

Lu mix DMC-TZ40
Super zoom digital camera

or

Lu mix DMC-XS1
Compact and stylish digital camera

or

Nikon D3100 DSLR

Which one is the best for weeding photography?????/

Post subject: Re: Sujjest me guys.....
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:03 pm 

Welcome to the forum! :)

Regarding your request, well, none of them are Canons. Nikon products, such a the D3100, are made by Canon's primary competitor, Nikon, itself. That being said, most wedding photographers used DSLR camera, and both Canon and Nikon do make good DSLR cameras. With some level of skill, even an entry-level DSLR, such as the D3100, or one of the comparable Canon Digital Rebel series, could successfully take a range of photographs normally associated with being a wedding photographer, with the task of preserving the memories of the occasion for the brides and groom, and their families. If you are simply a wedding guest, who wishes to record some images, the task is less demanding.

Keep in mind that a flash may not be allowed during the ceremony! Professional wedding photographers tend to own lenses with wide apertures, to enable more light to enter the camera in less time, which lessens the need for flash. These lenses are not inexpensive, but they do mount on the entry-level DSLR cameras as well as the larger, heavier DSLRs associated with pro photogrphers.

Professionals also have advanced flash units and accessories that soften and direct the flash, which is a far different effect than firing the light directly into the faces of everyone.

Your post, however, specified "weeding" rather than wedding. If I wished to photograph gardening or farming activities, well, I would think a DSLR to be an excellent choice for that, too. :wink: Outdoor photography does not require the wide-aperture lenses that wedding and event photographers would use indoors.

Having said all of that, I am not a wedding photographer, as that is a rather specialized endeavour, so I will let others provide further, specific information.

Lastly, I know nothing about the Panasonics you mentioned, so can be of no help in that regard.

Canon 7D/5D/40D/1D2N; Nikon F6, D700, FM3A, & Coolpix A; Canon 40mm 2.8 STM, 135L, 50L, 35L, 50mm 1.8 I, 100mm 2.8L Macro, 10-22mm EF-S, 28-135 EF, 400mm 5.6L; Nikkor 50mm 1.2 AI-S, 50mm 1.4G, 50mm 1.8D, 16mm 2.8D Fisheye, 180mm 2.8D, 100-300mm 5.6 AI-S, 18mm 2.8D, Voigtlander 90mm f/3.5 SL II

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:11 pm 

Additionally, I will direct you to click on "photography tips" in the row of black boxes near the top of the screen. That will take you to a page with articles and tutorials. At least one tutorial is on the subject of blurring background when shooting portraits. Some photos that are typical of weddings are shot in this style.

In the same row of black boxes, click on "camera reviews" to see of reviews of specific cameras.

There is much to learn! :)

Canon 7D/5D/40D/1D2N; Nikon F6, D700, FM3A, & Coolpix A; Canon 40mm 2.8 STM, 135L, 50L, 35L, 50mm 1.8 I, 100mm 2.8L Macro, 10-22mm EF-S, 28-135 EF, 400mm 5.6L; Nikkor 50mm 1.2 AI-S, 50mm 1.4G, 50mm 1.8D, 16mm 2.8D Fisheye, 180mm 2.8D, 100-300mm 5.6 AI-S, 18mm 2.8D, Voigtlander 90mm f/3.5 SL II

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:27 am 
Thanks rax Gig.... I have learn alot with the help of this forum.. Thanks again.. Now i buy Nikon D3100 DSLR... Actually I want this camera for my own marriage... I am happy to getting such a nice information from you