Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:09 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: the Canon 400D
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:44 pm 

I have been reading up on info. about this camera :shock: ..... seems a good one for macro work (i want to shoot bugs, plants, and tiny crap). I have searched on-line for a used one, lots to pick from with decent prices. BUT, when it comes to PC software, NONE show Win7 as a compatible system for use with it. Anybody know different or have any info. on this problem ? :oops:

:? thanx, ~tb (I am a NOVICE to this)

:arrow: IF anyone knows another comparable body/lens combo best for macro PLEASE submit !!!!

Post subject: Re: the Canon 400D
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:14 am 

First, tiny crap? Sounds like an interesting subject. Insect crap, bird crap, small mammal crap?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

For macro, any DSLR body will work depending on your budget. The more and new camera you invest in the better. You really need to think more on your macro lens and what you want to invest there. You can go cheep with the 35mm f/2 which is not "macro" but near macro. I've heard good things about the 100 f/2.8 macro or really good things about the way more expensive 100 f/2.8L and MP-E 65mm Macro's. You can read reviews at http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Reviews/Canon-Lens-Reviews.aspx

When you say no software mentions it as Windows7 compliant, what software have you looked at? What are you looking for. Any of the Adobe products work on Win7. GIMP does as well and is free.

Post subject: Re: the Canon 400D
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:41 am 

The software I was refering to was the the one that came with the camera to upload to PC/Mac ... I see that the 500D has the Win7 included in its software.
As per lens' go, again I know pretty much zero sooooooo. I saw that Canon supports a lot of 3rd party ones too, as other manufactures- not so much ???

~tb

and as far as crap goes
.... to be able to capture a sharp pix of dragonfly crap would be great !!!! :P