Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:16 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:05 am 
Hi all,

I've just stumbled across this site and thought I would ask your opinion as you seem to give good advice.

I'm currently looking to upgrade my Panasonic TZ5, which happens to be on its last legs, to some form of a bridge camera. I'm about to head off travelling and am looking for a good camera which is good for scenic photos, as well as the traditional close up, 'party' photos - I'm a bit of wannabe photographer so something that gets the quality of a decent SLR would be ideal. I'm trying not to spend over £400, as I'll soon be an unemployed travelling bum so need as much money as possible. I have been recommended the Canon Powershot SX40 and the Sony Cybershot HX200 by various people, both of which look good, but I'm finding it hard to choose between these, and all the various other similar cameras on the market. I'm personally wanting to stay away from Panasonic cameras as I've personally had problems with my TZ5, and I have noticed a decrease in the quality of their cameras over the last few years.

Which cameras, if any, would you recommend?

Thank you,

Becky

:D

p.s. Sorry for the essay!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:28 am 

Well, I can recommend the FZ150 from, yes, Panasonic. Great camera and good IQ. For some better IQ (I think one of the best superzooms) you could look at the FZ200, but it isnt in the shops, yet. Or is it already? :lol:
But, the FZ150 has roughly the same IQ as other superzooms as you could see here: http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Panasonic_Lumix_DMC_FZ150/outdoor_resolution.shtml

Panasonic DMC-FZ18, Panasonic DMC-FZ28, Canon G5, Canon 350D, Canon 50D + BG-E2N
Tamron 17-50 2.8, Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L USM,
Canon 18-55 II plus lots of Minolta MD/M42 lenses and bodies

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:44 pm 
Hi Ruben123. That does seem like a good camera, thanks for recommending it. I definitely like its IQ and the superzoom. I think I might have to definitely consider it - definitely better than a lot of the ones I was considering. Thanks very much :D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:10 pm 

No thanks to me! Thank Gordon and Ken for their great reviews!

Panasonic DMC-FZ18, Panasonic DMC-FZ28, Canon G5, Canon 350D, Canon 50D + BG-E2N
Tamron 17-50 2.8, Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L USM,
Canon 18-55 II plus lots of Minolta MD/M42 lenses and bodies