Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:16 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: nikon d300 vs nikon d2x
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:22 am 
Hi guys new in here as of today have been watching the reviews on youtube over past few weeks and decided to join to see what's happening in the world of photography...

A little about me: born in uk educated in belgium to nd level then moved to uk blackpool and fylde where i did my hnd and then degree with hons at bolton tech in the old days lol. Been doing a lot of sports photography, doc, editorial stuff on a low level as i work full time... my main passion is landscape, sea scape and most of all night photography with wide angle lenses, low iso's, shooting in mainly raw with no flash. I have mainly bee using an old f90x 35mm film camera and a eos 20d canon. I've come to theb point now where i need to upg my camera... my question to you guys is i need soem constructive adv based on what i do as to which camera to go for. The Nikon D2X and the D300. What i cannot get my head round is which one to choose. I rely heavily on histograms and really only use low iso's so the D2X would be perfect but there are issues like the lcd size, no live mode, high noise levels at higher iso's etc where as the D300 seems to be able to do all this and more but only shoots down to 200 iso and has some kind of wierd set up when going into live mode which i don't get maybe that's just me!!!?

Size isn't really an issue as i use two different types of tripod for most of my work, the camera is rarely just in my hands.....
So really im confused if anything. I am open to canon as i've used it mainly over years and am used to it but Nikon seem to be paving the way in semi pro and second hand dslr's.

PLease someone help me lol. feal free to ask me other questions if that would help me make a decision.

and thanks for your interest and help

Paul

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:25 am 

Welcome Paul.

I guess the 1st question is..... what is your budget?
Also, do you already have a `collection` of lenses?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:32 pm 
To be honest nope... I do however have sigma nikon fit lenses that i had from my f4 and f90x days but found out today that i dont have a manual overide on lenses so might have to shoot in auto focus all time which isn't to my liking unless you can contradict this .... budget isn't an issue camera wise as i can pick one up quite cheap with low actuations, i just keep hearing d300 over d2x but ive seen some results from d2x wich the way i work seems ok to me.... the only thing that really gets me now is i have to buy a whole load of new lenses..

cheers for reply.

so what do you think?

PAUL