Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:50 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:50 pm 

Hi! Im new to photograhy and i would like to ask all of you for your suggestion on which camera should i buy. Nikon D5100 or Canon 600d/ rebel t3i?

Im more into those nature and street photograhpy and i've check out those 2 camera but i don't know which is best for me cause i personally think that Canon 600d have a sharper image while Nikon have a better noise reduction in the image. I've seen some review and they said that Nikon D5100 is better. Therefore im stuck at deciding which to buy. Please let me know if u have some suggestion for me. Thx lot! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:55 am 

With these two cameras, the perceived image sharpness is FAR more dependent on the lens you use than the body and the difference in noise management is quite small in the real world.

"Better" is a highly subjective term and quite frankly anybody who says one is comprehensively better is likely to be a fanboy. Perhaps what is more important is which one is better for you, which only you can decide.

Yes, my answer may sound like a cop out but you really are best off holding both cameras and browsing through the menus as they are technically very similar. You'd be surprised how much the way the camera feels is likely to make you decide which you prefer so you should visit a CE or photography store and get your hands on both.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:18 am 

To also help you on your way, you may also look at the avaliable lenses from each company and see if the price points and the lenses they offer fit the kind of shooting you may look forward in doing.

One of the reasons I went to canon was 70% the feel in my hand, 10% the features of the camera adn 20% the lenses offered that Nikon did not have that was just as good and not as cheap. The Same can be said for some Nikon Lenses, and the same for Olympus.

Pick up the cameras in your hands, take a few photos and change some settings. And see how that feels. Personally I was close to getting a Nikon until I picked up a 7D and put the 70-200mm lens on it and I knew it was the right choice, down side was I had to save 300 bucks more to get the 7D. Best decision I made only because I knew that the Nikon would Frustrate me - on the other hand, my GF bought a nikon cause she hates how the canon feels in her hands.

So good luck, go into a store and spend some time wiht a sales person. You will find it an eye opening experience.

4) Leica M [50mm Summicron Pre-aspherical - Silver]

http://www.poetproductions.net

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:33 pm 

Rorscach - Yup, i agreed that it depends on the lens but i do not have so much money to spent on the lens as im still a student and im new in photographer.I said 'better' because u can clearly tell the difference between the image captured by the 2 camera. Thx for ur suggestion though! :D

Leo - I heard that Nikon feels better while ur holding but i don't think i will care about the feel of the camera as what matter mosts to me is the quality of the photo. Yea, i will try to know more from the salesman if possible. Btw,Thanks for ur information on ur camera and suggestion! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:30 pm 

Its not so much the feel, its how willing you are to pick up something to use.

Do not dicount the fact that if something doesnt feel comfortable, isnt easy to use and not accessible, then you will never use it.

Sure the image is important - thats why we want to get good cameras. But without good lenses, and just using kit lenses, the quality is almost unoticeable in most situations. What starts to separate these models begins with its use, ability and unique features.

When people have trouble using a spec sheet to separate models of cameras, then it becomes a usability, and comfort issue. Remember, some people have switched brands or upgraded to a higher model because of frustration during use, or worse, never using them.

4) Leica M [50mm Summicron Pre-aspherical - Silver]

http://www.poetproductions.net