Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:05 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:14 pm 
I really can't decide about which one to get. I'm a student and am new to DSLR's and I like them both. I like the pentax menu layout over the nikon, and I like the fact that pentax has image shake reduction in the body. But are the photos of a lesser quality? Are the things I've mentioned a deal breaker? Money is an issue here, I've only got around 900 dollars. Any help would be great.

oh. What would be a good choice for a lense? I need something thats versatile, preferably a wide angle with long range zoom.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:17 am 
Personally I would never buy pentax, sony, Olympus, ETC

Just because they don't have any really high end cameras and in the future if you want to upgrade to a really good camera they just don't have the options like canon and nikon do. But you said you like the menu and stuff in the pentax, thats a big issue because deciding what camera you want to buy really depends on personal preference, like there is no point in buying a sports car if you want to move a lot of children.

So if you like the feature and the feel of the pentax go with it. Im not sure as for the lenes i'm sure someone else will post something.

I hope this was helpful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:40 am 
Personally I would love to buy a K10D, but I think you should wait a week to see what new cameras are announced at PMA 2008. Word on the street is a new K20D, and I am sure other cameras from the big 2 and others. I have used a D40 a little bit, and K10D a little bit and both are excellent cameras. I preferred the K10D because it fit my hands better, plus the battery grip is sweet. Both cameras are excellent technically and would provide you with great results.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:37 am 
Site Admin

Given the specs for the new Samsung are out there, I think we can be pretty certain the K20D is a 14 mpixel model...