Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:42 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:44 pm 

This is gonna be an odd thing to ask. But even though Ive been semi-pro on and off mearning money through photography - I still think Im a pure amature because my gear set ups have always been hap-hazard and strange - For example I bought my olympus camera AFTER I purchased the UV filters and after I got the camera I bought a BIG honking bag thinking Id be getting more lenses etc. Now that I sold it all Im trying to not make the same mistankes as before.

But I finally got a 70-200 f/4 L IS USM lens as my second lens. But my current bag can only fit my 7D, 15-85mm, my filters cords cables etc.

So this is my wishlist atm, what would you guys recomend I get next - I do lots of indoor and outdoor sports and school assemblies and award ceremonies (I know I should ahve gotten a 2.8 but I cant afford it yet)... here it is

- 580EX II flash (with stand if possible)
- Loewpro Pro Runner 350 AW (please recomend another bag if you think there is a better one for the gear I ahve currently and aiming to get)
- 50mm 1.8
- battery grip

What do you think I should get first? I have a bag but it cant fit my new lens and I just need something that will hold everything plus the shopping list.

So I was thinking should I just get the bag first or invest in a flashgun. Kinda sitting here thinking, if I dont get someone elses suggestion Im gonna do something stupid like I did before and say get something like the bag but then buy a 300mm prime and have the same problem again with lack of space.

Any ideas?

4) Leica M [50mm Summicron Pre-aspherical - Silver]

http://www.poetproductions.net

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:31 pm 

I was speaking on the phone to a mate, a couple of days ago & he's just bought a 70-200 F2.8 + a 2xTC (Nikon) & found himself a bag/carrier which `extends` & fits his combo in to carry around. Can't remember which make it is though, but it might be an idea to add to for your set up? (not saying as a priority, just a thought as a later `addition` :wink: )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:28 am 

This is a problem that everyone will face, unless they stop buying gear.

I would buy the equipment first, then a bag to store it in because an empty bag is no good on it's own. Neither is damaged unprotected equipment though.

If all your equipment will not fit in the bag, just take what you need.

The other option is to carry the additional (non main) gear separately.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:34 am 

I think it depends on how "urgently" you need it but from my experience, I bought my gear in this order though I'm not saying you should or shouldn't do the same.

• Lowepro Flipside 400
  • YongNuo YN-468 Flash
  • Battery Grip
  • 50mm f/1.8

CSCs: Panasonic DMC-GF3
Lenses: Panasonic Lumix G 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6