Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:18 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:39 am 
I am looking for an all around camera for stills and video which will be used primarily by my 12 year old. Mostly video, which he will post on line and share w/friends. Would like to stay under $300 (maybe a little higher if I could address some of the issues below). Like many kids these days (especially in the area where I live), he's pretty tech savvy, so he might use some of the more advanced features. I am especially concerned about image stabilization, low light performance and also lag when taking photos. I know there is a limit to what I can expect at this price range, so would appreciate advice as I am going cross eyed working my way through the reviews, and I don't really understand the whole ISO thing (although its pretty obvious to me that this is one areas of performance that really bugs me in my own camera). Lumix DMC Zs10 looked good, but ISO performance seemed poor. Also liked Cannon Elph 300 and 510HS, but motor noise would be a problem with video. Can you offer some suggestions?

Also want to tell you how much I REALLY appreciate this website, its very helpful. I always wondered what website would actually make it worthwhile for a reader to contribute on the "donate" model. Now I know... :P