Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:01 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:40 pm 
Thanks Rorschach for your replying post to clear my confusion. Canon 600D is good value for money though lacks focus points, even 60D also seems inferior in terms of still photography is concerned. Lens are the factor to draw the line of differences. Concerning over investment, image quality I think Nikon D90 is best choice. I'm somewhat confused for the lens, basically my purpose is cover near and far objects. If possible please make a suggestion regarding lens for both Nikon & canon.
Thanks again for your reply.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:53 pm 

You should click "Post Reply" instead of "New Topic" next time. ;-)

The D90 is a fabulous camera and I seriously considered buying it though my budget ruled it out at the time so please don't think I'm a Canon fanboy trying to persuade you to avoid Nikon. Yes, the 600D and 60D have fewer AF points than but you should not rely on numbers as that doesn't tell you the whole story - more doesn't always mean better. The D90 may have more AF points but only one of those eleven is cross-type, compared to the 60D, which has nine so in theory the AF could work more quickly and effectively. There is also the real world to consider - two more AF points may not necessarily prove better depending on the subject and how you configure the camera.

We could make no shortage of suggestions of Canikon lenses but without specifying a budget (per lens or total), we can't give sensible answers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:20 am 
Thanks a lot Rorschach for notifying me the mistakes done by me.
To be honest, I'm somewhat confused to choose a DSLR( Mid-range) for me. I already talked with few persons few told me about Canon and few told me about Nikon D90. When I go for by side comparison the higher numbers always attract me much to vote it as best. Thanks to you for clearing my doubt about focus points concerning over real-world.
Hence, I request you to mention a site where I can learn more about those technical details in depth, and how it relates with the practical field.

Me too got limited budget. Moreover, I prefer to invest more on lens than the body. However, to me Nikon D90 is a general baseline, I'm searching for a canon equivalent. What I want - a DSLR fast responsive. sharp image, easy control and goes higher than D90 for still photography - this is because I found most of the photographers use canon. No emotion except sharp image with more detail always catch my eyes.
For lens, I'll make choice after deciding most confusing issue - the cam.
I appreciate your time and patience.
Thank you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:27 am 

Well, the Canon equivalent of the D90 is the 40D or the 50D, both just a bit higher in range than the D90. The 40D and 50D are semi-pro DSLRs, featuring better build, faster AF and responses. They lack video though. The 60D is the same D90 equivalent of Canon, but since it's newer it's also a better camera, and main rival of the successor of the D90: The D7000.

Panasonic DMC-FZ18, Panasonic DMC-FZ28, Canon G5, Canon 350D, Canon 50D + BG-E2N
Tamron 17-50 2.8, Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L USM,
Canon 18-55 II plus lots of Minolta MD/M42 lenses and bodies