Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:33 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: D90 or 600D or 60D
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:22 pm 

Hi,

I wish to buy a camera and cannot decide which is best.
I want it to be easy to use.

Please help me chose only one.
with out asking me questions.

Thx alot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:43 pm 

I'm afraid all you are likely to receive in response is prejudiced opinion if "ease of use" is your only criterion. I'd say 60D because I've owned a 40D, have a 5D2 and I know the Canon way of doing things and like the top LCD. A Nikon shooter might say D90 because they know Nikon and also value the top LCD but they might suggest that the D7000 might be better if budget allows. But if you are just going to operate any DSLR you buy in an automatic mode (the easiest way) then consider a cheaper model and use the money saved to get a second lens for more flexibility.

Bob.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:20 am 

Have you actually tried any of the cameras out? You'll find your own personal experience can be more beneficial than "expert" opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:37 am 

Do you have any idea what you actually intend to shoot? What is your level of photographic experience? What are you shooting with now?

We are happy to help, but with such a wide-open question, it's pretty much impossible to give solid advise.

For example -- if you ask me, why not go for the new Pentax 645D - this is the camera to beat all cameras and still not cost as much as a Hasselblad. You see how easy it is for us to get carried away? :wink:

My Flickr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:05 pm 

You really should go try some of these cameras in person, get a feel for what you need it for, how you'll be shooting, how they handle, which controls you favor, how 'automatic' you want it to be, which lenses you'll intend to use...there's so much more to photography than the camera body. Right off the bat, you're already starting with a strange selection - omitting many cameras that might be perfect for you and even two entire brand lines, while including one old enthusiast camera soon to be replaced, one newer semi-enthusiast camera, and one entry-level camera.

If you're willing to consider such a vastly different trio of cameras, why not consider many others in between - Nikon D5100, Sony A580 or A55, Pentax KR or KX, etc.? Give yourself a wider selection to choose from, and you have a better chance of landing on the perfect combination of features, ergonomics, performance, and price for you. Not a single brand - Canon, Nikon, Sony, Pentax - will make you a better photographer or be superior to any other. Your own skill and technique combined with the right lenses for the job will get you there, and becoming familiar with and master over the controls of the camera you choose.

Galleries:
http://www.pbase.com/zackiedawg