Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:49 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:03 pm 

Currently own the LX5 and as much as I love the camera, just wish it had more zoom to it. I am not the type who like to worry about having more than one camera so I am thinking of selling the LX5. I initially looked at the Panasonic ZS6, but am concerned with the low light/indoor IQ. Though it seems the IQ is better than on the new ZS10 due to the new sensor.

Therefore, I thought the HX5V would be more suitable, but just noticed two newer models came out the HX7V and HX9V.

Looking solely for still shots as I never use GPS and never have used video so it is of little to no interest.

I know the HX5V has gotten rave reviews, but concerned with the increased in MPs if IQ has been at all impacted. Also wondering how the overall sharpness compares. Noticed the HX5V is currently selling around $199, while the HX7V is around $222; not sure how the price will be on the HX9V given the extra zoom or if it will be beneficial and it is currently hard to come by.

I also like the Nikon S9100 which I noticed got several top pics including PCMags Editors Choice and CNET pick for their Top Five Cameras. Wonder of all of these, would it be best in both low light and outside conditions.

Looked at the Canon SX230, but don't like that the lens start out at 28mm.

Any and all feedback appreciated.