Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:14 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: nikon D7000 or
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:22 pm 
hey everyone
i saw alot of members here asking maybe the same question and took a look at alot of reviews but i still can`t make my mind :roll:

i`m a nikon user and i had d60 then d90 and i had to sell all my equipments for some reasons and i was about to buy Nikon D7000 but i got alot of good feedbacks about the canon 60d and 7d .

alot have told me that canon brings a better quality images ( also better exposure for images cause it got 2 layers or... something i didn`t understand actually ) and a better video recording "30fps"

while the D7000 "comparing the specifications" delivers a higher ISO and more AF points while it got 9 cross-type sensors same as the canon 60d and 7d but from the reviews i think the nikon delivers a faster focus system with the new expeed 2 thing

i tried the 5d mark II for a few sec and i guess it`s an amazing cam but i can`t afford it

i a need a DSLR that can do everything for me
i do landscapes
and portraits "indoors = low and stupid light" that`s why i had a 50mm f1.8 lens .
i`m not into sport photography

and i`m gonna be shooting videos also since i got the well to make short movies

photography isn`t my career it`s only a hobby next to playing guitar so i`m not gonna be spending alot on it ... so i`m that consumer who carries a DSLR with 3 lenses max and wants them to last forever

hope you help me guys cause i`m really confused
thnx again and sorry english isn`t my mother language

edit : long time ago i was asking some stuff about metering here in the forum and some has told me that some dslrs can focus on 2 different areas ,,, can i do that with the 60d or 7d or D7000 ?

Last edited by cursed on Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:05 pm 
I have 2 thoughts.

1. If you are already into Nikon -- do you have any lenses left? If so, you only need a body - and the D7000 would be an excellent body.

2. Have you had any of the cameras you reference in your hands yet? In-hand testing is absolutely necessary to help you make the best-for-you-choice.

The AF array on the D7000 is truly impressive -- it's the camera I would buy if I were starting out today for sure. Never mind the video (I can take or leave that personally), the controls, build quality, etc. are top-class.

The 60D is also a very good camera, but personally, I feel, like some, that it is something of a down-grade from the excellent 50D.

In the end, it's really tough for someone to tell you what is best for you -- you simply have to get the equipment in your hands.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:37 pm 
well i still got 1 nikkor lens left which is 50mm f1.8 D lens "got it for around 130 $ only"

i had the chance to try the D7000 and it feels good , faster than the D90 i used to have and maybe better at the high ISO but while i was comparing the image quality it seems that canon got a better image quality that`s why i started considering Canon .

also i found that canon uses a different focus thing? like takes 2 different areas for focusing ? i dunno

i`m still comparing the 3 cameras and still can`t make up my mind

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:26 pm 
i went to the store today to try the D7000 again
the continues auto focus isn`t that smart when shooting videos
and i don`t know i feel the D7000 is kinda like a rock like hard edges and specially at the back it`s very hard like there`s no joy in design " if you got what i mean "
they don`t have the 7d neither the 60d

i was originally thinking buying the d7000 and get 18-55mm ,35mm f1.8 and i got the 50mm f1.8 already and later i can add the 70-300 or a wide angel lens with any F number cause i`ll be already having 2 lenses with good F .

anyways hope you please help me make my decision
and incase i went for the d7000
could you please tell me if it`s worth it paying more for the VR version of the 18-55mm lens ? i believe the VR is necessary with big zoom lenses but does it make a difference with a 18-55mm focal lens ?

thnx alot

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:30 pm 
VR will give you around 3 f-stops of additional shooting range - which will be useful in low light for sure. There isn't a big price difference between non-VR and VR - so I would go with the VR.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:06 am 
sorry everyone who tried to read what i`ve wrote it looked so messed up :S

anyways i think i`ll go with nikon after reading and watching the useful reviews by mr.Gordon Laing