Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:32 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Nikon d5000 or Pentax kr
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:41 pm 

I hope I can get some useful comments to my problem. Just as I had done all my research on the Pentax kr and was about to buy it the Nikon D5000 was thrown into the mix by a couple of people & now I am back to square one. What I would like to know is has anybody got personal experience of one or preferably both cameras & which is the better of the two & the best value for money. Many thanks in advance

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:49 pm 

I would say the pentax kr is the better camera but there is a much bigger selection of lenses for the nikons. Have you considered the canon 500d falls in that budget and canon has a great selection of lenses. :)

Oh that is so lame, every hot girl who can aim a camera thinks she’s a photographer -Stewie Griffin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:10 pm 

I advised my friend to buy the D5000 a while ago, and she still likes it a lot. I had a chance to play with it and it wasa nice camera.

Still, right now I'd say the D3100 is definitely a camera that should not be overlooked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:44 pm 

it all actually depends on what you like, cameras these days are much alike among the features, but the little things are usually decisive, go into the shop take both cameras in your hand, peek through viewfinder, play with the buttons and menus, feel their build quality, listen to the sound of shutter, and you will know what camera is the one for you.

but be aware, define a budget since many times people take more expensive cameras into their hands and that's the moment they buy them..

also have in mind what lens will you use, that depends on what are you going to take pictures of.. (lens means to photo much more than camera itself :))

add me up on:

flickr:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bakica/

deviant art:
http://tbensic.deviantart.com/

----:>bakice ce vladati svjetom<:----