Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:03 am

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:05 pm 
I am personally really loving the 550D, due note that I am a beginner and you may see things from a different perspective..
One of the reasons I got the camera was also for it's great video mode, and not because I want to make allot of videos. But rather because I believe that that will prevent it from dropping in price quickly. Just in case I decide after a year for example that I don't really like the whole photography-thingy :)
Apart from that I am loving this camera, the setting are fairly easy to adjust and everything is displayed very clearly on the lcd. Ofcourse the downside to this is that in order to adjust setting you have to stop looking through the viewfinder and at the lcd instead.

The screen also looks great.. I was pretty amazed when I first saw that

And I know how allot of people complain about the 18 mp and how you don't need it, but where is the harm as long as the camera has decent ISO performance (wich it does :D )

And the finnal thing that I really like about this camera is the design.. I don't think this is important to most people (?) but I just really like the canon design..

Since you have been able to play around with it for a bit I guess you know the feel of the camera :) To me it does feel a little small when holding it but it doesn't actuallly bother me to much, and if it does I'll just get a battery grip or something..

Anyway if U do decide to go with the 550D, I don't think you will be dissapointed
I don't know allot about nikon and other brand camera's but I guess they are al pretty good too, in fact this may be kind off a silly question because in the end, it's you who decide wich camera is best for YOU, and nobody can correct you on that one!

Good luck finding your camera! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:38 pm 
Well, I had a play with all of them today and the winner is - the D90. Ergonomically it was far better for me than the 550D (which was out of the running as soon as I picked it up). The 60D was very close, with the grip shape really suiting me, but the controls on the Nikon were laid out far more to my taste. It also felt like a more robust camera, where the 60D, nice as it was, didn't have quite the build quality.

I deliberately didn't take my wallet today to avoid doing anything silly (like paying for lunch), but I'm going to get the D90 & 18-105 this week. Thanks for all your help chaps, much appreciated. I'll be in the Nikon forum if anyone wants me. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:15 pm 
The D90 is truly a nice-feeling camera. Probably my favourite in-hand of the current crop of mid-range DSLRs. Good choice -- enjoy your camera.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:46 am 

The Nikon D3100 is pretty awesome. Smaller. Cheaper. Auto-focus during video. Check out the review on this website: http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Nikon_D3100/ which claims that it is the "most powerful entry level DSLR to date"...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:17 am 

Autofocus during video capture :roll: ? Yeah, right.

My photos on Flickr...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:32 am 

I didn't say it was good, only that they have it :wink:

In simple lighting/scenes, I was able to get a few usable clips using the auto-focus...which would have been considerably more difficult using manual.