Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:31 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:12 pm 

One more consideration you should try to get your hands on to try, if you're pretty set on getting a DSLR-style camera rather than mirrorless and want compactness - the Sony A33 or A55 really would be worth looking at. They are as compact as you can get in a mirror camera, are very light, and still have all the advantages of the excellent range of newer sensors. They will perform very well at high ISO - not quite as well as the Nikon D7000 or Pentax K5 or Sony A580, but still better than the Oly and the micro 4/3 cameras. Of course, you have to like the design and the feel in your hands, but it would be worth considering at least.

Galleries:
http://www.pbase.com/zackiedawg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:05 pm 
Admittedly, really low light shooting with little contrast is difficult for the e-620. And the focus assist light isn't well integrated -- it's essentially a strobe from the internal flash - which can be a problem for some people (i.e. photo subjects). I haven't had banding issues, but yes, noise will set in. To be honest, I do not shoot much in low light to begin with, and when I do, the kinds of results I get from the e-620 are fine for me. But I am also a fan of grain effect anyway -- so I may not be the best judge for this as I am less worried/concerned about noise. Oh for the days when I shot film, and felt good about getting what I wanted in focus -- before the motor-car, that was. :wink:

The notion of looking at Sony is actually an option I didn't even think about before, but do suggest that you consider still. They have great high-speed shooting capabilities and the see-thru mirror thingie seems to be quite popular in the field with Sony-ites.