Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:26 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: nikon D7000 vs canon 60D
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:55 pm 
I have researched dSLR cameras for some time now. I seem to have narrowed my choice between the Nikon 7000D and the Canon 70D. I am leaning toward the Canon but I feel that the Nikon lenses are better.
I am an amateur photographer that has used SLR's ( Minolta 102 ) since the 70's. Have tried non dSLRs and was not happy at all with them. Want to get a camera that will give me the flexibility of the the old SLRs and the benefit of top of the line versatile lens line.
I have also reviewed the Nikin D90.
Am I beating my self to death with this decision ? Is there another comparable camera and lens-line I should be considering ?
My photoography will be a combination of indoor shots and outdoor nature.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:00 pm 
Simple solution --- get into a camera shop, handle all three, take some sample shots on your own memory cards, and then buy the one that feels the best in your hands. The more you fuss over the choice, the more you are going to be subject to buyer's remorse - and the reality is that there will be a better model introduced to trump what you bought within weeks after your purchase anyway.

All three of your noted cameras are good mid-range units -- and aside from personal preference would work equally well. The lens differences are pretty much moot. Shop around enough and you'll find comparable lenses for either make.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:47 am 

Do you mean the Nikon D7000?

Canon don't make a 70D. There is a 7D and a 60D.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:31 am 

The thread title is correct: D7000 vs 60D :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:13 am 

If I was starting fresh, I would be verrrry tempted by the Nikon. However being invested in Canon glass, I think the 60D is a fine camera.

Here's a comparison of the two: http://www.aputure.com/blog/2010/10/29/ ... ni-review/

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:57 am 
It seems like quite a few people prefer the Nikon D7000 to the Canon D70, so maybe you should probably go with Nikon? We wrote about the differences between the Nikon D7000 vs. Canon D70 and I think you'll find that you'll be happy with the Nikon.

Post subject: 7D
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:28 am 
I was specifically talking about the Canon 7D, not some made up Canon D70 :).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:34 am 

I dont know man, the list of "hidden" issues from the D7000 is an issue for me

The fact that it AF in movie mode - the hidden is that it hunts and makes too much sound - I tried it with an external mic, still audible.

It has 6 frames per second vs Canon 7D's 8 frames but even then, the buffer on the Nikon cant hold more than 15-25 shots before the buffer fills where as the canon will shot more than double that.

I was so close to buying the Nikon to beh onest, I really was, and when I picked it up in the store and the fps started to stall after 4 seconds, that was it for me... Why pay extra for a feature that doesnt work?

I think the D7000 is more comparable to the 60D - and even then the Canon is slower than the Nikon in fps but it doesnt have buffer issues like the Nikon.

In my opinion the 7D is a differnt league than the D7000 - Even Gordan points this out in his video review and compares the D7000 to the 60D, not the 7D.

For my money, I would get the 60D because its features may be slightly behind the nikon but there arent any hidden issues that Nikon only tells you in the back of the manual

EDIT: Funny story - when I decided to get the 7D instead of the 7000 in the store, the sales guy said "wait no, you can get more frames with lower quality" and I almost dropped the camera cause I was laughing so hard.

4) Leica M [50mm Summicron Pre-aspherical - Silver]

http://www.poetproductions.net

Post subject: Response to Leo
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:43 pm 
Good points Leo - thanks!