Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:06 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:43 am 
Hello...

Im planning to buy the D7000...

after doing some internet research on the camera, i noticed that many complained on having the focus issues( front and back) and also the hot pixel thingy...

my question is...before i actually pay for the camera, what and how to test the camera to determine whether im getting a good and not a faulty copy...

what do you normally test/check/look at a camera to avoid getting a bad copy and how to rectify it..??

i really do not want to buy and find out that the unit bought having many problems...

your input and advice on this matter is greatly appreciated..

thank you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:03 am 
The best thing to do is to stop worrying and believing people who dont know a thing about testing cameras and shoot the inside of the lens cap to see hot pixels and so on and so forth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:16 am 

I would recommend to go to the Nikon section and read up in the Nikon D7000 thread :evil: As this is the place for people undecided on brand and in the D7000 section I didnt hear complaints what people that push their camera beyond the extreme say is faulty in a camera.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:57 pm 
Nikon has one of the better warranties in the business -- so don't worry so much about what will/can go wrong, and get your skates on, buy the camera and start taking pictures! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:15 pm 

I'd agree - don't worry and go looking for problems. With any camera in the world, if you searched and tested and prodded looking for problems, you'd find them. It all gets a bit too obsessive trying to find out if pixel #4,564,317 is occasionally registered as a hot pixel after 1hr 28min of continuous shooting in a 105 degree jungle with the lens cap on.

Relax and enjoy - if you've got a genuine problem that would best be fixed under the warranty, it'll show itself in your normal photo viewing, and you'll know fairly quickly. I figure if a 'problem' requires me viewing with a loupe at a 200% viewable photo on a high-res monitor in the far right corner of a shot, it isn't a problem. If I view my photo at normal screen size and see that the focus point seems a bit soft and the foreground looks sharp, then I'm going to see cause for concern and send the camera in for repair.

Galleries:
http://www.pbase.com/zackiedawg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:25 pm 

I used an old Nikon D100, the first dSLR from Nikon. That camera has hot pixels, with 800 ISO and 30s exposure on the astropictures. Glad I didnt buy it though. New cameras only have problems if you look for it as said. Hot pixels? Maybe there are 5 hot pixels on your D7000 chip. So what? There are 16000000 pixels. Would you see those hots? I dont think, unless you do what some reviewers do: look for the ''negatives'' of the product.

Panasonic DMC-FZ18, Panasonic DMC-FZ28, Canon G5, Canon 350D, Canon 50D + BG-E2N
Tamron 17-50 2.8, Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L USM,
Canon 18-55 II plus lots of Minolta MD/M42 lenses and bodies

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:37 pm 

I agree with Ruben, 5/16 000 000 isn't much at all, 0.0000003% actually. It shouldn't even be a problem in everyday shooting, perhaps it will be noticeable in low light if you zoom in and pan around the image until you find one, but in practice it's very minute, there's no need to worry. If it is visible easily and it's bothering you, all Nikons come with a warranty, so no need to worry!

Gear: 7 Nikon Nikkor AI-S and AF-S lenses, SB-700 flash, Nikon D7000, Nikon FM, variety of accessories

"There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs."
- Ansel Adams

Post subject: Decided !!!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:56 am 
thanks for all the reply guys.....i am over-thinking about the D7000 problems....

Ordering a unit this week...!!!!!

Happy New Year !!!!!!!!!!!!