I am planning on buying a camera but with all the diiferent models out there it gets kind of crazy
. I have been doing some research and Camerlabs has been a very useful site and I was really impressed to see that amount of guidance members provide to each other. Kudos!!!
Till a few weeks ago I was not a photography enthusiast and was very lazy even carry my P&S. That all changed when I spent a couple of weeks with my friends Canon 500d while vacationing together. and now that my birthday is round the corner, i thought i could gift myself a nice camera and start my photography learning curve.
After some research, i narrowed it down to Nex 5,A55,500d and 550d ;and my budget increased from $400 to $700. I know the difference in specifications by heart but as i am a complete novice, when it comes to photography, i havent been able weigh the diiferences or decide which features are better for me
My Goal is to Enjoy, LEARN and get BETTER at photography but have a few concerns
1. I fear that a bulky baggage (camera+ bag +lenses) will not be feasible to carry everywhere and slowly my excitement for the camera will die and it will be on my shelf ….. hence I like the NEX5 size and great build quality
2. Looking in the future I should have a scope to expand/upgrade. Canon is more established and has standard lenses, so I ll just have to change the body unlike the NEX 5; given present conditions
3. A33 offers autofocus in video mode( Video capabilities are important as I don’t want to lug around a camcorder) and would have almost been perfect but has heating issues and I live in a tropical environment.
What would the members recommend for a person who wants to Enjoy and Learn considering the points stated.
1. The sleekness of NEX 5 really attracts me, but for IQ and control features is it as good as the DSLRs I am putting it against? Is it possible/wise to have a long term perspective with NEX 5 i.e. Expanding lenses in the future or can it be only be a short term arrangement?
2. Should I invest less (500d plus one or two lenses/ Nex 5 plus one or two lenses) and change may be change my camera after 2-3 years or go for a richer feature set (550d/A33 with lenses)?
Your suggestions are highly valued and do let me know if there is any other camera i should look at.