Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:43 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:46 pm 

This site tends to concentrate on reviewing new cameras from major suppliers like Nikon, Canon, Panasonic, Sony and spend less time reviewing cameras from lesser known manufacturers. I can understand that because there so many cameras to review and not enough time.

There are many excellent ones missed out in getting reviews here, eg OLy E-PL1, Samsung NX10, EX1, etc. My suggestion is if the reviewer believes that there is an excellent/outstanding camera out there(esp at a good price) I suggest it get reviewed quickly. I think potential buyers would greatly appreciate this service.

For a start try reviewing Samsung, NX100 , a Samsung for the first time . It is not perfect, but a very good camera at an attractive price.

Thanks for reading.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:23 am 

Hi Ttan!

I'm sure that Gordon would like to review these cameras, but unfortunately he usually only reviews the cameras that he's supplied with. For example, if Nikon offers him their new DSLR to review let's say, as far as my understanding goes Gordon reviews it and sends it back.

He cannot pick what to review, as much as he'd want to. Perhaps you will find some of the reviews that you are looking for in the User Reviews forum section.

One example of why Gordon can't review all the cameras is here, when Gordon explains why there are no more Pentax reviews. Gordon explains that Pentax had stopped sending him cameras and lenses to review, explaining why the Pentax reviews have stopped.

I hope that I've helped, and I apologize that Gordon may not be able to review certain cameras that you would like to see reviewed.

-Evan

Gear: 7 Nikon Nikkor AI-S and AF-S lenses, SB-700 flash, Nikon D7000, Nikon FM, variety of accessories

"There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs."
- Ansel Adams