Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:27 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Help me pls fast!!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:40 am 
Hi guys i dont know which camera to buy if d90 or d3100 pls help me
i want to take good pictures, like pro, portrait, and nice working and handling!! thx guys

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:05 am 

Canon 1Ds mk III, youll never regret it.

Please give us some more details about why you need a dSLR, why Nikon etc......

Panasonic DMC-FZ18, Panasonic DMC-FZ28, Canon G5, Canon 350D, Canon 50D + BG-E2N
Tamron 17-50 2.8, Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L USM,
Canon 18-55 II plus lots of Minolta MD/M42 lenses and bodies

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:06 am 
Are you new to the DSLR world?

Go for the D3100.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:16 am 
why 3100?????

i am new but i like old
but tell me why d3100???????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:20 am 
i want a camera for all, portrait, landscape, all,
its goona be my first dslr so i dont know if d3100, or d90
i had used before a canon 5d so i know a lil bit of dslr camera !!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:22 am 
Hi tai,

these cameras produce images of the same technical quality. The D90 is bigger and has more external controls and a built-in auto-focus motor.

This comes at a price, but can be advantageous and ultimately save you money, since you can buy older AF-D lenses instead of being forced to buy the newer AF-S lenses if you want auto-focus.

From a technical standpoint, 90% of the "image quality" comes from the lens, not the body - so think of the body more as a user-interface. Like a remote to your TV - do you want a larger one with more individual buttons or do you want a smaller one with fewer buttons, knowing that you have to browse more layers of menus to get to the same function?

If you can, do yourself a favor and go into a store and try to handle them - this will tell you a lot about what you really prefer.

Good luck with your choice!

Cheers :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:08 pm 
+1 -- get the cameras in your hands. And while you are at it -- check out the Canon 50D -- prices are dropping with the introduction of the 60D.

The D3100 is a true entry-level DSLR. The D90 is more advanced - which means more features and arguably a better build.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:03 pm 

Nikon D90. You may find it hard to begin with if you are a complete novice but in the long run it will be better for you. Why only Nikon?? I would check out the canon 550d and 50d.

Oh that is so lame, every hot girl who can aim a camera thinks she’s a photographer -Stewie Griffin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:53 pm 

I started out with a D90 and it suited me well, but you have to be willing to learn a LOT about cameras if you want to maximize it's potential. Judging from your questions here, I don't think you've done a lot of research on the cameras yet, so that might be soemthing to consider.

Both cameras take good pictures, and both cameras can make "pro" pictures, it all depends on you. For portraits, both are equally well suited when coupled with a nice lens.

Handling is entirely subjective. I love the feel of my D2H, but it weighs in at 1.2 Kilo's so I can imagine some don't like the handling very much. :lol:

Visit a store, and handle the cameras in your price range. Don't be tempted to go for the most expensive camera, also consider getting a cheaper one, and spending the remainder of your money on an extra lens, a bag, and perhaps a photo course.

Just keep in mind: a pro camera does not take pro pictures, that's your job as the photographer. Much of it also lies in postprocessing, so don't neglact that as well. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:23 pm 
If this is your first SLR, Id recommend spending at least the amount you do on the camera again on a/some lenses. This would be the way to get the best out of what youve got in my opinion.