After a few busy months, I've finally bought the camera. Thank you guys for your help.
The chosen one was the Panasonic Lumix FZ35/FZ38, mainly because of its price and features. I'll probably buy something better in the future, like a DSLR, but really not right now.
Let me tell you my FZ35 first impressions, so I can help other doubtful guys:
- The camera is built in a nice material and has a very nice grip (for any hands, I believe). All the buttons are tight and easy do push, and very well located and disposed. Great design.
- The image quality is great. It shoots good in low light, and the max. 60s exposure is a great feature. ISO 800 presents considerable noise.
- The video recording works really great, and the quality is awesome, and zooming while recording is nice and smooth. It warns you about short space to store data if you try to record a movie in a less than 1GB SD card. Besides, I've never tried a SD-HC card on it, but I guess it works fine.
- Manual Focus is a great and nice to use feature that works really great. It allows Manual Focus on video recordings as well.
- The Flash is fair, like most compact cameras, and I bet an external Flash does a way better job, which this camera doesn't support. The Flash is not configurable in all camera modes, too. Anyway, the FZ35's Flash suits my needs.
- FZ35 has like a thousand of pre-programmed photo shooting options, like Portrait, Party, Sport, Night Shot, Starry Sky, Macro, etc and they work VERY well. But Manual modes are easy to use and adjust too, so the camera fits a beginner as much as a pro. It has a nice Panoramic Assist too.
- The Zoom is really impressive, and has a great image quality even when it turns to digital zoom. The Stabilizer Feature (Anti-Shake) works great and it makes miracles. It has an automatic TeleMacro feature as well.
- I bought the camera a month ago and I've not faced any problems. The lens shows some dirt signals, like a few spots, but I'll clean as soon as I learn how to do it =)
That's it, just a few notes to help other guys. It is a great camera.
It is worth it and I'm happy with it. I'm already using it for work and it's giving me great results.
I'll post a few photos in my flickr as soon as possible, so you can see the results yourselves.
Caio Schleich | 11PX