Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:42 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Undecided :S pls help me
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:33 am 
Hi guys how are u doing i am new in this forum, i wanna buy a dslr camera, i am a new guy, but i had already shooted before in my friends canon 5d.

I really dont know which camera should i buy
my purpose is to shoot models girls and boys, face body all, and nature
so which lens and brand would u recomend me????
Canon reber kiss x4 (t2i), nikon d90, canon 60d

Ttyl

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:26 pm 
Welcome to the forum.

Can you provide some additional details around the kind of budget you are looking at, and what kind of experience do you have (i.e. skill level)? Entry-level vs mid-range bodies are at a significantly different price point but can also have a significant level of different features/ergonomics. Lenses are pretty much a wash whatever body you buy.

Generally a mid-range zoom works as a good walk-around lens, with a prime for portraiture work as a start. If you can only afford one lens to start -- then you may want to default to a mid-range zoom. Lots to consider -- so the more information you can share with us, the more easily we can provide you with further suggestions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:29 pm 
I think my skills are entry level advantage xD hahaha almost mid i thnk so, and yes i would like a mid len, or maybe 2 lens, 1 for model or portraiture(legs and body included) and one for nature, the budget its like 1500 dls

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:30 pm 

As far as lenses go, a 18-55, and a 50mm F/1.8 would be a great combo at a low price.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:55 pm 
and camera?????
nikon d90 or canon t2i???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:26 am 
Both are good cameras - but aren't really in the same category -- the D90 is more akin to the 50D than the T2i. Either way - a mid-range zoom and a prime will be a good start. And - if you haven't already done so, get yourself into a camera shop where you can do a full hands-on comparison of any cameras you may be interested in. An absolute must for any camera purchase.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:20 am 
we first in the city i am right now it doesnt have a camara store, i mean pro camara, and about the d90 what i dont like its that it doesnt have a 1080p video, but the t2i i does so :S:S:S i dont know but i will take more picture altho, so guys about the lens in canon the EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens
or the nikon inc ase i buy it the 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED AF-S VR DX Nikkor Zoom Lens which one????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:50 pm 
I believe that the T2i is the lowest entry price point for 1080p video, but I would caution you that 1080p video doesn't mean that the camera is better than the D90. The D90 has a top-mounted LCD, an excellent viewfinder (ok, so the T2i isn't bad either), can work with any Nikon AF lens (and there are some nice older lenses you can pick up on the cheap), and has a much higher build quality than the T2i (although not as good as the new D7000). Which is your first desire -- photography or video? If you really want high quality video, get a DSLR and a separate dedicated HD recorder.

That being said, it should come down to ergonomics -- i.e. which does feel best in your hands.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:10 am 
ok then i am gonna buy nikon d90 with lens 18-105 :D tyyl guys

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:16 pm 
Tai -- just make sure you get your candidate cameras in your hands -- we can't stress that enough here. The D90 is good, so is the 50D and presumably the upcoming 60D (although reportedly Canon have gone downwards with their build quality from the 50D).