Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:04 pm

All times are UTC

Which is best?
Poll ended at Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:01 pm
Canon 550D 100%  100%  [ 4 ]
Nikon D3100 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Nikon D5000 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 4
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:58 am 
Quote:
A flash is very helpful.

For portraits yes, but for landscapes heck no, i also disagree at the d80 being the wrong choice, especially when AFAIk the d80 sensor is the d3000s.Why no mention of canon either, the XS, the t1i, and the t2i are still good to great cameras, I also disagree with the d5000 being the best in the market for it's price is a complete sham too imo. The 500D keeps up with it just as well, it's got a faster ui to boot.

Post subject: No..
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:54 am 
1.) Of course the flash won’t help you at landscapes. Dha…
2.) Of course d80 is the wrong choice. I am not saying that d80 is a bad camera; it is very, very good. But the TECHNICAL image quality is not as good as Gen 2 cameras. It is also heavier. And carrying more is not fun.
3.) D3000s doesn’t exist. Maybe D300s which has 99,95% THE SAME TECH. image quality as D5000. Some say that the image q. is 100% the same. And it is normal to be. It has THE SAME image processor, THE SAME software processing and THE SAME sensor. Why not buying a superior lens or a flash, or some filters… etc etc.. . which will surely improve the photos.
4.) D5000 it is now the best at it’s price. Less expensive than all others, remember! Only D3000 is maybe cheaper, but that one is an exception. Is even not as good as it’s previous D40 (ex. Flash sync.) and if you want I can explain…
5.) For the canon’s. I am not saying are bad cameras, actually the body’s could be better. But sorry, the lenses aren’t at price/quality and most, variety.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:24 am 
Honestly all I see with your posts in this thread is nikon fanboyism.
And by D3000s i f orgot the ' so it should have said D3000's.
Really the d5000 isn't the cheapest one out there.
t1i with 18-55 kit lens, 699.99 d5000 with kit lens 869.99 (prices in Canadian). T1 with kit lens from BandH 699.99, D5000s 749.95, so the d5000 is the cheapest except for the d3000 eh?
5. Canon's consumer bodies aren't to shabby at all a bit plasticky which is something nikon is better at. The glass between the 2 are fairly similar, when looking ta the same range.

Honestly get out of the nikon is the best mindset and you'll realize there's more then one good brand of dslr. Canon is good, so is nikon, and sony is keeping up pretty decently too.

Post subject: ...
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:34 am 
Hi Eagle, as I sad before, in my opinion camera doesn’t matter. I have told some examples also. The DSLR doesn’t matter but we have discussed which the best is for the money. Of course Canon is very good but the range of lenses is smaller and I always feel the Canon is build by engineers, when Nikon by photographs. In my previous entry, I have said that D3000 is an exception. Is even slower then the previous D40. And you give me one store where t1i is cheaper the D5000 but it is an exception. And sorry, if I had to chose a third brand I will go for Pentax or Olympus. You see, for me legacy or pedigree means a lot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:06 am 
I gave you 2 stores.. Adorama is cheaper too. Vistek is same price. SO really d5000 is really the cheapest of the bunch eh? Legacy eh? Your forgetting Minolta..... The sony A mount is Minolta's AF mount, so there is a nice selection of lenses compatible with sony bodys. The t1i Ui tends to be faster then the d5000's as well. I'd also like to mention that the D90 doesn't have a nikon sensor in it, but rather a Sont sensor, so therefore the d5000 has a sony sensor. A lot of nikons have a sony sensor, And i know that at leats 1 pentax dslr has a sony sensor too.

Post subject: Sony!!
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:49 pm 
Extensive research points to sony... if you are looking for a camera thats goin to give you excellent video (HD 1080p), very good auto focuc in the process, extremely fast, 7-10 photos per second, and pretty nice pictures. Not to mention being able to replace the lens with any of sony's alpha's down the road. Check out the Alphas... if video is what you want most.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:29 pm 

It makes me really laugh about the D80, about its weight and IQ.

The IQ between dSLRs these days arent that big, of course it could have a bit less noise, but it has less MPs than other cameras which means that you dont need that super glass. The weight of the D80 is the same as the D90, and very very many people have a D90.
Believe me, 90% of people which could held the D90 and D5000 would go for the D90 because of the build and weight, if feels much better in your hands.

Why should the D5000 be better than the D80? Yeah, it has LV (very useful on a dSLR...), it has movie modes and that swifel screen.

The D80 would be my choice if I had to choose. Dont forget that there are Canons too. (like Sonys, Pentax', Olympus' etc)

Panasonic DMC-FZ18, Panasonic DMC-FZ28, Canon G5, Canon 350D, Canon 50D + BG-E2N
Tamron 17-50 2.8, Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L USM,
Canon 18-55 II plus lots of Minolta MD/M42 lenses and bodies