Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:08 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:36 pm 
Hi lads,
i want to buy a camera with this feature,because i don't want to bother switching features and etc. from all the reviews i've read i came to the conclusion that the Panasonic fx33, tz3, Fujifilm FinePix F50fd, and Canon IXUS 950 IS,has it or i may be wrong? Which of them you'll advice me to buy. where picture quality is of some sort of importance. thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:11 pm 
Site Admin

All cameras have automatic modes, so if that's what you want, don't worry.

Intelligent Auto is a feature on Panasonic cameras launched after July 2007 which can switch the scene preset automatically. I think it works really well, but it's not on the TZ3. You need models like the FX33 or FZ18.

Other manufacturers also have auto switching of scene presets, but I can't comment on how well they work.

As for image quality, check out the results and gallery pages of the compacts we've reviewed, such as the Fuji F50fd, Panasonic FX33 - and coming soon, the Canon 860IS / SD870 IS...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:33 am 
Gordon Laing wrote:
All cameras have automatic modes, so if that's what you want, don't worry.

Intelligent Auto is a feature on Panasonic cameras launched after July 2007 which can switch the scene preset automatically. I think it works really well, but it's not on the TZ3. You need models like the FX33 or FZ18.

Other manufacturers also have auto switching of scene presets, but I can't comment on how well they work.

As for image quality, check out the results and gallery pages of the compacts we've reviewed, such as the Fuji F50fd, Panasonic FX33 - and coming soon, the Canon 860IS / SD870 IS...

thanks for the reply. I meaned the auto switching of scene presets. From what i read the FX33 is pretty good,even better than the f50 fd. Do those Canon 860IS / SD870 IS have this feauture? And the IXUS 950 IS?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:06 am 

Hi wolff1,

Firstly, a warm welcome to the CameraLabs forum.

I'm going to ask a favour here and say "Be kind to Gordon" as I know he is very busy preparing more content for the site. It's difficult for any of the folks on the forum community to start researching multiple camera models on your behalf so questions generally work best if they concern a specific feature comparison between just a couple of models.

As far as I can tell the feature you are asking about is called iSAPS by Canon and you can read up on it here. Then check out the specs of the Canon cameras you mention here.

Do let us know how you get on. If you share your decision and the reason for it then that helps others who may face a similar dilemma.

Bob.

Astrophotography: TEC 140 'scope, FLI ML16803 camera, ASA DDM60 Pro mount.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:27 am 
Bob Andersson wrote:
Hi wolff1,

Firstly, a warm welcome to the CameraLabs forum.

I'm going to ask a favour here and say "Be kind to Gordon" as I know he is very busy preparing more content for the site. It's difficult for any of the folks on the forum community to start researching multiple camera models on your behalf so questions generally work best if they concern a specific feature comparison between just a couple of models.

As far as I can tell the feature you are asking about is called iSAPS by Canon and you can read up on it here. Then check out the specs of the Canon cameras you mention here.

Do let us know how you get on. If you share your decision and the reason for it then that helps others who may face a similar dilemma.

Bob.

thanks a lot for the answer mate. I'll gladly wait for those reviews of the cameras he mentioned. That was what i looked for and i find it. Great help you are. I think i set myself on the FX33 or IXUS 950,wil have to choose. Anyway as soon as i get my hands on them,will coment. :D