Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:51 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:33 pm 
Hi,

I want to buy a good camera although i don't wanna pass to DSLR because i'm not an expert in photography, so i would go first for a super-zoom camera.

I've been searching a lot, and after weeks i've made up with the conclusion than the best options in the current market are:

Canon SX1
Lumix FZ38
Sony HX1

As i've said, i'm not an expert, and for me all the 3 models are really similar. I'm interesting in HD videos and fast shots.

Can anyone help me and give an opinion?? Which one is the best option??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:10 am 
hey dude if u want fast shots as first priority then rule out fz38....full resolution shots r limited to 2.3 fps and u can take only 5 images at a time.....
although if quality is not top priority it'll shoot at 6fps to 10fps for abt 70 images at 3 Megapx....

HX1 will shoot at 10fps but the catch is it shoots only 10 frames and gets tied up for a while
....so timing has to be damn perfect.....its not that value for money too....no RAW mode

sx1 is better it'll keep shooting at a 4fps (mind u its even better than most entry-mid level dslr's which shoot at 3 fps!!!)..and comes with hd videos.....

so other than 4fps shooting...the fz38 actually kind of matches sx1 feature to feature including HD videos...at almost 2/3rd cost....

so choose sx1 only if u want fast shots...otherwise go in for fz38...its equally good and it'll save u money

:) :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:11 pm 
Hello.
Cesar, those are exactly the 3 cameras that i'm undicided!!!
I've been also watching the Nikon coolpix p90, but it seams that photo quality is not so good.
At the moment i'm thinking of buying the canon.