Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:09 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:32 pm 
I am looking at the Sony A330, Nikon D5000, and a Canon T1i. The Sony comes with two lenses for the same price as the other two. My kids race motocross, football, and wrestle. I am looking for a good camera that can capture there childhood. I am not looking to capture every second of there movement. I own a canon 35mm and a cheep digital camera just would like to upgrade. Please help me figure out what is right for me. The store is trying to sell me a professional camera and I am not to that point and not sure if I ever will.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:14 pm 
this is not supposed to be posted here :) but i tell you no one here gets A330... but for an entry one like you and don't plan to be a Pro the (GUI) graphical user interphase based camera that explain a little to a newbie will come in Handy.....

Go to sony - but i am partly biased here cause there are bad things these people spittin from there mouth about that 330 cause they are almost the same as the 300 and they dont like the new body.... cause theyr PRO or Pro wanabe... :D

but if you don't wan to go to business and just wanted a camera that cater what you mentioned above sony is for you its really easy to use that camera see review's and see the difference :wink:

here's a link...

http://www.alphamountworld.com/reviews/ ... era-review

Post subject: still need a little help
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:06 pm 
My biggest fear is that I will out grow the camera. I have just found out that Sony bought out Minolta and I have a maxxum 500si and I love it. I have played with some of the options to take night photos and such. I am no photographer though I had to go brush the dust off my Minolta to figure out what type it was.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:14 pm 

Hi Michael,

May I wish you a warm welcome to the CameraLabs forum.

As you can see I've moved your thread across to the "Buying a new camera but undecided on brand?" section as you mentioned several brands but I left a "shadow" behind so everyone can find the thread. That way, hopefully, you'll get more replies.

Bob.

Astrophotography: TEC 140 'scope, FLI ML16803 camera, ASA DDM60 Pro mount.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:37 am 
You can't go wrong with any of these three companies. However with Nikon and Canon you will have more product line to choose from. Im not knocking Sony but there are far more lenses in Nikon and Canon's stash.

Hope this helped.

Post subject: thank you
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:26 am 
I would like to say thank you I went and picked up the sony and it works wonderful. I really like it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:40 am 

Hi Michael,

Congratulations, thanks for the feedback and don't be a stranger to us now you have the new camera. Maybe an entry into one of our On Assignment competitions?

Bob.

Astrophotography: TEC 140 'scope, FLI ML16803 camera, ASA DDM60 Pro mount.