Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:58 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:18 pm 
Hi Gordon and everybody,

I have been following this forum/website/youtube videos since the time I knew they're existed, thanx Gordon. I spent the last two months reading and learning on what's good for me as an entry to the DSLR world.

I am almost decided on the canon XTi for the following reasons exclusively (the rest is common with Nikon):
1- MP-E 65 !
2- Low noise
3- Dust-removal

Some might say MP-E 65 is a pro lens and not suitable for beginners but I really want one even if took me a while to master it. My main reason for this post is to ask you if the canon XTi has in-camera editing (like black&white..etc) without affecting the original picture like the D80.

Thanks for you help :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:27 am 
Hi Alsanad. A Warm Welcome!

On to your question: Yes the Xti does have quite a few image editing features, and the main one which your after B&W is included.

"A well-hidden, hobbyist-engaging features of this camera is the B&W filter effect. To get to it, select the Monochrome option. Now your images will be black and white".

Also, you do realise the Xti has no built in Is? or is this not a problem to you.

The Xti is quite small and light aswell. So if you like to fell your holding something or have big hands it may be a problem :P .

Hope this all helps.

Jay