Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:37 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: So confused...help!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:36 pm 
Hi. right im almost a complete novice with ordinary digital camera's. I've been looking at digital camera reviews for the best part of 3 weeks and have succesfully gotten myself very confused as to what is the best choice for me. hopefully you guys can help.

Im looking for a compact slim camera with preferably 8-10MP to produce good quality pictures all round and a nice LCD screen to scroll through (pref. 230k). so far i've been looking at the sony cybershot n2 a fair amount and sony in general, i was just wondering why there was no reviews on any of the casio range i.e. casio exilim??

Any advice and answers you could provide would be greatly appreciated!!

many thanks George

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:50 pm 
Well according to the latest Camera mags one of the best P&S's available now is the Canon Pwershot A7 series (A720 and A710)

Google for a review.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:09 am 
Site Admin

Hi George, welcome to the Cameralabs forums...

We have some more compact reviews coming in the near future, but in the mantime, the best models we've tested so far can be found here:

http://www.cameralabs.com/buyers_guide/ ... mera.shtml

I still really rate the Panasonic TZ3, but it isn't particularly slim - but you DO get a 10x optical zoom lens!

http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/PanasonicTZ3/

Gordon

Post subject: slim
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:51 pm 
great advice guys, but one of the main features im looking for is for the camera to be slim/lightweight. any reccomendations based on that or is there any new camera's coming out that will fit the bill? many thanks again

oh and p.s. any reason for lack of casio camera reviews?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:08 pm 
Hi geo.

Ive heard many good thigns about the Son N-2 althoug some bad points too :cry: .

I guess you already knwo that the screen picks up any kinds of finger marks etc.

Also some people have been complaining about lack of manual control..

But i guess if your happy paying the extra for the touch screen, and letting the camera do the work it maybe the one for you 8) .

I will take a look around for you (bit busy at the moment)

Jay

Post subject: richo caplio R7
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:22 pm 
hey thanks for that, yes the infamous touch screen well i think its between that one and a couple new ones i have just heard about, ever seen the 'ricoh caplio R7' or the new 'panasonic fx55' both look good but im swaying towards the caplio it looks very good! anyone seen any reviews?

thanks