Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:00 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:49 am 
Heya :D My first post here guys. I'd first like to congratulate you Gordon on a top notch website and forums. Secondly from what ive seen a great community amongst the forums. 8)

Well on to my question.

This will be my first time buying a super-zoom, i will be mainly using it for general use, going off walking, taking a few shots of some nice landscapes, beaches etc. I have watched ur video reviews on all3 of the cameras and read the full reviews. I'd just like to ask form personal usage and anyone who has used them which one would be a personal reccomendation?

Thanks a bunch

-Jay

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:17 am 
Site Admin

Hi jaycymru, welcome to the Cameralabs forums!

Much of this will boil down to which features you value and which feels best to you - have you picked up each in person? It will really help...

But in the meantime, do you need the flash hotshoe for instance? That would point to the FZ50...

Gordon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:56 pm 
A new camera is being built near to where I live at the moment. its up in a few weeks and i then i will go and test each one in person. I quite like the conveniance of the flip out screen on the h9. Will be handy as i go to a lot of school plays and off with the local badn. good for over the ehads of people in concerts.

Once i have made up my mind i will inform you all of my choice :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:57 pm 
camera shop* sorry for the typo :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:18 pm 
Site Admin

I am very fond of flip out screens, but of course the FZ50 has one too - and it's more flexible in the angles - although it is smaller...

Like I say, it'll be a case of weighing up their different feature-sets - along with their look and feel...

I would say though the FZ50 is relatively old in digital camera terms and could be due a refresh soon - although some could argue the L10 DSLR is the update!