Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:51 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: D80 METERING
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:47 pm 
First post so hi to everyone ive decided to get a dslr after using a fuji4900z for the past 4 years ,after reading lots of reviews and videos and handlind a few cameras at the local store i have took the plunge and ordered a nikon d80 and 18x70 lens to be delivered on tue.
While surfing the web today i came across the reviews listed below which have got me well worried just like to have peoples opinions.

http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/d80/d8 ... m#exposure

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read. ... e=24134022

Alan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:42 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Alan, if it reassures you, I think the D80's metering, and Nikon's metering in general is one of the best in the industry. Have a look at our D80 Gallery images and they look fine - none taken with exposure compensation.

And if it's any consolation, models like the Canon 400D / XTi appear to have an underexposure issue which has you applying positive compensation to almost any image.

The moral? No camera is perfect, but the D80 is one of the better models out there and I'm sure you won't be disappointed. No camera gets it right all the time though, but it's easy to dial in a bit of compensation as and when required.