Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:44 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:29 am 

I feel that I have thoroughly researched cameras in this range, but have not asked on a forum like this. I have Nikon D5100, but the underwater housing is like $1400.00. I looked at the Nikon AW100 and the Panasonic Lumix and have thought of a compact with housing such as the Nikon P310 with an Ikelite housing which is around $600.00. Anyone with any thoughts? Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:56 pm 

Hi Fishlips and welcome to the forums!
For $350 USD you can get the Canon PowerShot D20 which is waterproof out of the box, you do not need any external housing. You can get it underwater up to 10m. Do you need to go any deeper? If you do, you might want to look for a compact with a housing, but if not, I believe the D20 will do it.
Hope I helped :)