Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:08 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 5:03 am 
Hi Guys,

Apologies in advance if this is in the wrong forum but I didn't see a forum where it seemed a perfect fit.

I've a few months into using my D90 and really loving it. Mainly my pics are of 2 types - nature shots, and pics of my 4 yr old which I like to share with family.

I used to use facebook for sharing photos with family but even though the photos come out great on facebook, that thing has too much other baggage with it. I use kodakgallery sometimes but it looks like the images are degraded somewhat when friends view them in the internet.

I don't mind paying a fee for the storage but I'd like to be able to send a link that anyone can access to view the photos and have the photos come across in high quality (whatever resolution I uploaded them at, if that's available out there).

Thanks in advance,

Charlie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 5:22 am 
the most popular photo sharing site is flickr.com...for free users, theres a 100mb per month limit to the photos...but if you pay for it ($25/year), you get unlimited storage

by the way, pictures on flickr look way better than facebook...pictures on facebook have very noticiable loss of quality

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 9:39 am 
I've relocated this somewhere more appropriate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 10:47 am 

I prefer DeviantArt, but it has a different goal. Picasa seems decent for showing the "party pictures" to your friends.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 5:36 pm 
This is what I use last few months:

https://www.getdropbox.com/referrals/NTgwNDYzMjk

It's up to 5GB free space... very simple, easy and reliable.
If you decide to use it, get the link above... this way will earn extra 250MB for free.

Actually, I use it mainly for sending huge photo files by uploading and sending just the link.

Enjoy