Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:44 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: V Stuff
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:04 pm 

Just thought I'd make a quick mention of it here. V Stuff is an included online storage facility included as part of Virgin Media's broadband packages. The annoying thing is I've been with them since forever, and didn't find out it existed at all until recently. They're not so hot on saying what the "extras" are when they add them...

Anyway, I'm on the 10 meg service, and that comes along with 5GB of storage inclusive, and you can pay more to up the limit. I haven't looked in detail yet, but I've only used their supplied tool to upload files, optimised for regular backups. I don't know if there are other ways to upload files, or even how to get them back again should I need to.

Uploads are pretty slow. The 10 meg service doesn't have much in uplink anyway, and even 100MB of files or so took over an hour. At least their tool doesn't saturate the uplink, so it doesn't impact normal web browsing performance noticeably.

As a further bonus, they do free prints as they partnered with snapfish. Again on my package I get 25 free 6x4 prints a month for a year from activation. Totally free for 1st 3 months, and if I read the small print correctly they start charging postage after that. Just ordered my 1st batch to see what they're like.

All in, probably not enough in itself to make you switch providers, but thought it worth a mention anyway.

Tinies: Sony HX9V.