Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:05 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:46 am 
Please can anyone tell me how to copy any picture file from a hard drive to the sd card?

My canon s5 IS software has this option but will only copy images to the sd card that was taken by the camera. No others.

When I take the sd card out of the camera and put it in the computers sd card slot it does not read it.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:16 am 
Is the card SDHC? If so, the computer might not be SDHC compatible and you may need a new reader.

My Nikon has an option to mount it as a disk, maybe there's a setting on the camera? If not, try bypassing the Cannon software and let Windows (guessing you're on Windows anyway) take over.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:34 am 
NOYZE-thank you for your answer. Yes the card is SDHC and I have WinXP.

Xp does not recognize it either. So I suspect you are right by saying that it is a good possibility that a new Card Reader may do it.

Thanks again. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:52 pm 

Horst: It's in the card-reader! The reader must recognize SD-HC cards! Otherwise: bad luck :(
Unless you can use the card inside the camera as a (USB-)drive, as N0YZE suggested.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:08 pm 
Haha wow... I meant to write:

Your reader might not be SDHC compatible, not your computer... Guess that's what I get for trying to type with one kid trying to close the laptop and the other trying to pull my ear over my head.

8)

Oh well, you got the jest of what I meant - I hope it helps get your problem solved.