Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:11 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:13 pm 

Does anyone know if it's somehow possible to transfer pictures from a Canon EOS 400D to a portable harddrive without it being connected to a computer?
I'm asking because i need some wayt to store pictures during a 14 days trip to Uganda. I got 20GB of memory but im not sure it's enough.
Other suggestions are welcome as well :)

Thank you in advance!

Canon EOS 400D + EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS + EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS + EF 50mm f/1.8
My Photos - My webpage (danish)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:07 pm 
Here's a Google search that will undoubtedly provide you with some ideas.

http://tinyurl.com/4b2te6

The phrase "image tank" has become somewhat of a generic name for such a device. Considering the price of flash memory cards I wonder whether it wouldn't be easier just to buy a few extra cards.

And will you really be so completely out of contact with 'civilisation' that you won't have the opportunity to dump the contents of your memory cards to a portable USB 2.5" hard drive or burn a few DVDs?

Or maybe you can borrow some cards from family/friends who can live with a bit less storage capacity for two weeks.

Ben

Post subject: Vosonic
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:55 pm 

Rather late for your propsed trip but none-the-less handy for others.

I have just returned from a month long trip to Vietnam and travelled with 3 storage devices. 2 4gb CF cards for my Canon and 1 250gig Vosonic VP5700 - http://www.vosonic.com/product.php?kind ... 3=0&id_4=0

This device is a laptop SATA hardrive in a multimedia enclosure; USB 2.0 external HDD, multi-card reader/writer. JPEG and RAW display supported (from selected DSLR cameras).

It also allows the playback of videos (handy for watching movies on the plane) and also has mp3 capabilities.

This gadget was priceless as it allowed me to shoot RAW for the entire trip and will serve me well in the future. In the meantime, I now have another 250gig hardrive.