Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:21 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:23 pm 
Im interested in messenger style camera bags,in particular the crumple r messenger bags, specifically the "muffin top" line, and I just have a few questions. if you use a messenger style bag or a crumpler bag I would be interested to know your opinions on the questions below:

*What size bag do you have and what do you carry in it?
*Does the bag get 'fat' with all the DSLR equipment in it and awquard to carry?
*is this style of camera bag heavy and hard going on the sholder?

Im particularly interested in the muffin top and as to what size would be best suited for me - a700 with battery grip + 1/2 lenses and pssibly some smaller accessories.

thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:40 am 
Yes they do get "fat" which really annoys me as they bounce of your hip when you walk and normal (aka non-camera bags) don't look like this so it's an extra indicator of what you are carrying.

I have a Lowepro SR100AW which is on the smaller side of a professional camera bag. It takes one body + battery grip and 3 lenses (including the mounted lens) + a flash and accessories.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:28 am 
just a quick update, the crumpler pretty box xxxl has arrived. Nice bag but no way it holds the amount of kit that crumpler clame, i was shocked at how small the xxxl bag really was!

It will hold my a700 with battery grip and lens attached, about 2 more lenses and little room for a few more bits and bobs. there is also a front pocked for some extra stuff although i haven't really tried putting anything in there yet.

The bag is great, well made - although laying out the devicers inside the bag is a bit triky and everything feels a bit chucked in - unlike the lowerpro slingshot 200 where each item has its own compartment and its all tidy.

style of bag is comfy to wear and walk around with - not to heavy

all in all great bag, will be taking a bag (the crumpler) when I go out more often - it is more suited to my taste.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:38 pm 
A bit late now but I've just received my Crumpler New Delhi 620 to accommodate my new gear and like you, it doesn't fit quite the amount of stuff that Crumpler say it will. It's also quite large.

Still, it's very well made and the 3rd leg design really helps to distribute the weight more like a sling bag.