Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:04 am

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:21 am 
The ThinkTank bag, accessory cases and straps are first-class :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:23 pm 
iv got an adventure 7. tamrac i think... i always get the names mixed up but its definately adventure 7

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:58 pm 
I used to own the Kata R-103 which was able to easily carry a large pro camcorder (Sony HDR-FX1), two spare batteries, shotgun microphone, 6 HDV tapes, wireless microphone set, and much more room to spare. Of course, it was all video equipment, but that gives you an idea on how much photography equipment can be carried. The bag's quality is incredible, almost feels bullet proof. I never worried about anything being damaged while being inside.

I currently own the smaller and less expensive Kata DR-467 for my DSLR stuff. It's a cool looking bag (more so than the R-103), has a smart design, and has a decent sized upper compartment to carry non-photo stuff. The quality is nice, but still falls short of the R-103. But, it's over a $100 cheaper.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:27 am 
Site Admin

Hi Photonix, welcome to the Cameralabs forums!

Thanks for your comments - do you have pictures of the bags with equipment in there?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:18 am 
Photonix wrote:
I used to own the Kata R-103 which was able to easily carry a large pro camcorder (Sony HDR-FX1), two spare batteries, shotgun microphone, 6 HDV tapes, wireless microphone set, and much more room to spare. Of course, it was all video equipment, but that gives you an idea on how much photography equipment can be carried. The bag's quality is incredible, almost feels bullet proof. I never worried about anything being damaged while being inside.

I currently own the smaller and less expensive Kata DR-467 for my DSLR stuff. It's a cool looking bag (more so than the R-103), has a smart design, and has a decent sized upper compartment to carry non-photo stuff. The quality is nice, but still falls short of the R-103. But, it's over a $100 cheaper.

I used a sony bag meant for the HDR-FX1, it works very well, lots of space, rain cover, only a 100 bucks. I have a GL2 plus all the video goodies so right now I have like 5 different bags

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 2:08 pm 
Ah Gordon.. crumpler shoulder bags give ya serious aches? Gaah I hate my current shoulder bag I used for college for that, doesnt have any padding or support in though its just rough leather. Being really broad aswell it hurts a **** load over a long period of walking around ect. Especially with over 10kg of junk in it lol :/

would you recomend going for a bagpack or a shoulder strap? Is it a shoulder strap general problem or just the specific model of the bag you got? I need to know for when I go to buy a bag.

Problem is I A. Dont wanna advertise im carrying a camera. B. dont wanna look like a geek wearing a bagpack (sorry if anyone takes offence) and 3. I want something comfortable, fashionable. Cant be caught dead in something thats minging tbh!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 2:43 pm 

Dominic wrote:
...Problem is I A. Dont wanna advertise im carrying a camera. B. dont wanna look like a geek wearing a bagpack (sorry if anyone takes offence)...

Hey, no offence taken. Only geeks wear bagpacks. Backpacks are quite different! :P :lol: :lol: 8)

Bob.

Astrophotography: TEC 140 'scope, FLI ML16803 camera, ASA DDM60 Pro mount.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 4:04 pm 

The standard strap that came with my Tamrac bag is awful, which is why I replaced it with the one linked to below. It works superbly.

http://optechusa.com/product/detail/?PR ... CT_SUB_ID=

Zorro 8)

Various lenses, SB800 & Manfrotto 190 with 460MG head

Post subject: Lowe Pro Primus AW
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:05 pm 
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/496002-REG/Lowepro_35091_Primus_AW_Backpack_Black_.html

Its a little price, imo, but it will hold a camera and a few lenses plus other accessories. Its got substantial space for other backpacking gear (food, rain jacket...) comes with its own rain cover, stows a tripod/monopod.

The camera compartment is dual access and with a little practice I bet you could get pretty good at getting your camera out quickly from the side access panel.

I don't think it looks like a typical camera bag either, it looks like a hiking pack.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:22 pm 

Gordon Laing wrote:
Hmmm, nice choice! I saw a pro using one of these the other day and it looked pretty good... maybe I should get some bags in for review...

Gordon

Gordon, that would be very nice. I think it would really set cameraLabs apart from other sites. Your presence on the web and video's are a great help!

Daniel

danielmcglaughlin.com
Nikon D80 · Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 AF
Sigma Foveon sensor fan... future owner, promise!
flickr me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:10 am 
leonak wrote:
iv got an adventure 7. tamrac i think... i always get the names mixed up but its definately adventure 7

I use the Tamrac Adventure 6, I believe it is a bit smaller than the 7, and is meant for the non-pro DSLR (where the 7 has larger compartments for hadling the bigger body with a battery pack added). I found that the 6 is really a good size for a vacation, where you dont want to haul a ton of camera equipment, but definately want to take your camera, a few lenses, your guides and memory cards, and still have room up top for other stuff, like lunch. Workes great, the only draw back is that on a hot day your back can get a bit moist. My backpack is red and balck, and you cannot tell if it is a camera bag or a school bag, so thats good since no one wants to advertise that they are carrying some expensive equipment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:11 pm 
I'm sorry, I started a new topic about the Lowepro Photo Trekker AW II Camera Backpack before I saw this discussion already in progress. I hadn't thought about the nutritional supplement aspect until you brought it up. I love the egg and tomato idea, we have them a lot around here, but I thought it was just a midwestern thing.

I LOVE the Borg! I'd probably enlist, but if we must picture one here, let's make it the Fastastic Jeri Ryan:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:22 am 
I was about to mention the Flipside 300, but then realised that you mentioned wanting to carry other stuff besides camera gear. Not sure there's really much room for anything else besides the camera gear in there and a water bottle.

The only other bag I could recommend that I've just tried out would be the lowepro fastpack 200, but have a feeling that'd be a little small for your needs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:00 am 
Hi everone :)

Its a great information on the camera bags over here. May i know is there anyone who owns a bag that can fit in laptop and dslr ?

I am still searching a it :(

Thanks. :lol: