Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:52 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:43 pm 
i currently use this bag for my gear
my filters & batteries & bits & bobs can fit in the top half, my camera & 4 lens's fit in bottom half & tripod attaches to side and is secured by a homemade velcro strap to top handle.

any way the back pack is very heavy when fully loaded but does a great job and is very comfortable when fasten up correctly.

my problems is that if i aint wearing a jacket the back pack makes be sweat like crazy at bottom of my back and its really uncomfortable having a damp shirt.

i am wondering if anyone else notice this with back packs but i am also curious as to if the Lowerpro Slingshot idea would be any better.

any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Daz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:15 pm 
I have a lowrepro slingshot 200AW and I have been very happy with it.

I was after a bag that would keep my gear safe, but was more stylish than the normal camera bags out there. Im personally not to keen on wearing two straps from a back pack and the single strap over the shoulder job was not for me.

The slingshot uses one strap and is sort of a cross between a backpack and a messenger style bag, I like it. It is very comfortable, practical and does the job.

It comes in three different sizes. The 100AW is the smallest of the lot holding a body and 1 - 2 lenses. the 200AW (which is what i have) holds a body and 3-4 lenses, but also has a bit more space for other items. there there is the bigger 300AW again.

The bag has a top compartment which will hold some bits and bobs, i use it for a drinks bottle, wallet and phone.. The main compartment holds the camera, lenses with some room for other little bits. it has movable padded dividers to split the bag up to suit you and hold the lenses. There is also a front small compartment for memory cards, cable etc.. but this is smaller.

The bag is designed to be easily accessible whilst still on your back, you simply swing it to the side of your body, open the main compartment zip (which is on the side of the bag) and slip your camera out.

I forgot, there is also a little rubber strap on the side that you can slide a mono pod into, it's not big enough for a tripod but you may be able to attatch one some way.

If you ever find yourself rock climbing or doing something that needs the aid of a support of the bag, there is a strap that can be extended and cliped across the waist to support the bag even more, i have never used this as i just don need to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:14 am 
I have the exact same backpack, and it is great, except for the exact same problem you just mentioned: itll make your back quite moist on a warm day. The only suggestion I can think of is to wear a shirt that resists being soaked....something like a bike jersey or something?

Other than that its a great bag, has enough space for my camera equipment and space in the top for other goodies too =]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:27 pm 
my experience with the slingshot is this:

While it's a great bag on the bike etc. for carrying light gear for a relatively short time, I find it problematic to carry my camera for longer than an hour or so with that bag.

The main problem I see with the slingshots is that you can only wear them over your right shoulder and its impossible to wear it over the left one.. so it gets quite one-sided after a while and I wish I could shift the weight but am unable to do so :(