Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:44 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:44 pm 
Alright I know this bottom-most forum has next-to-none traffic but I thought I'd better post in the right forum :lol:

After seeing a very efficient photographer I want to upgrade from my plastic bag :!: (gosh its nuts I know but I just want to waterproof the lens while its in the camera bag)

I was checking out the lowepro website and considering Lens Case 3 or 4 although the pics were a bit confusing after referring to the specifications. Not too sure about other brands.

The lens I will use it for is around 8 inches long, 10" or so with hood on (my preferred method, but reversed when keeping for long time e.g. hours, days). Width is around 3 inches. Will use for the smaller lens(obviously can fit if it can fit the longer one) as well.

My budget is around 20-30 bucks (USD$14-21/7-10 Pounds/10-15 Euro) but up to SGD$50 if necessary.

Just seeking something I can fit onto my belt(worrying because my school uniform can't put one on, and I do most of my event photography in it), or maybe even onto leg, pants(mount on), or even pockets(but doubt it'd fit).

I'm going to the departmental store and/or the Lowepro authorised re-dealer this weekend or next and I hope someone has a recommendation by then. If its up to a 100 bucks for the average I'm sticking with my plastic bag...

SnS 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:11 am 
Hi all,

I have purchased a small camera bag to use as a lens pouch. It fits my Sony 75-300mm with lens hood on, maybe a flash gun (haven't tried), and there are some side pockets for batteries, CF cards etc.

This bag of unknown brand 'Euro' cost me nearly SGD$20.

Because my school uniform can't fit a belt, I chose a mini camera bag so I could get a sling on.

I might be going out to the nature reserve or something with my equipment to see how effective this bag is. Will do a user review once I have used this bag enough.

In tests, I could change lenses while standing in less than 20 seconds (good by my standard :))

SnS 8)