Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:19 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Nikon D40 Bag
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:31 am 
Can someone tell me where i can find a perfect bag for the Nikon D40, that can fit my-18-55mm,70-300mm,D40,Memory,Cleaning materials,Battery charger, and a kit of filters-, and can you tell me the price and where to get it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:27 am 
I belive there is a lot of bags that will suite your wish

Question do you want something to carry on your back or just hang on your shoulder ,

1 example cant give you prices but thats not hard to find

LowePro Nova 1 AW eller LowePro Nova 2 AW are pretty ok

Checkout prices on the links you can click on this website :)

ps
i belive nikon has rebranded LowePro Apex DSLR bag because i got one with my d80 kit though you only can fit a dslr with a zoom you cant fit any extra lenses in that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:19 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Kriss, I've moved this topic to the bags section.

Here's a couple of different styles you might like:

http://www.cameralabs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=193

and

http://www.cameralabs.com/blog/may06/29/

As Mindmeld says, if you search for products and check prices using our links, you can help support the site!

For USA suppliers, search for products here.

Gordon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:08 pm 
Okay, I'm all but going nuts deciding the best bag/case for my recently adquired (my order should arrive tomorow or the day after... :mrgreen:). I think I like the backpack aproach best, event if it's a bit more uncorfortable to get your gear out in a hurry.

I became enamoured of SLR cameras during a trip to the US with my parents when I was quite young (mid 80s), my father alowed me to carry his SLR (while he carried what in those days was considered a high-tech ultra-light&compact home-video gear which nowadays would look as if a single guy was carrying the whole set of the latest George Lucas Film :lol:) and I made some very acceptable shots myself (IMHO). The point is that he had a bag where he could place all the gear, but he had also one of those dedicated cases in which you can tightly and conveniently fit only the body and an attached lens, like this one from Nikon (model CF-DC1):

The camera is carried arounf using it's own shoulder strap, it's reasonably well protected and ready to shoot in seconds, I believe they're ideal for touristic and/or relatively short outings in wich you'll only need one lens and a fully charged battery. The downside is, of course, that if you want some other gear (other lens, flash, etc) yoy must carry it separatedly, and also this cases have all but neon lights screaming that you're going around with an expensive SLR, so much for discretion...

What do you think about this kind of cases? I personally like them very much and I'm almost decided to get one for my D40 (Apart from a bigger one to carry all the gear). Is there some other downside I'm not taking into account?

Bye!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:12 pm 

Yeah, the downside being "ready in seconds" vs. "ready immediately".
I personally don't like to fiddle around with anything so I keep my cam+lens "naked" around my neck/shoulder. I only use bags for additional material. I even bought a LowePro TLZ 2 that is originally a bag for a cam+long lens, bit only put my lenses and the flash in it...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:33 pm 

I use a Tamrac holster because I don't like my camera to be in the open until I get to ehere I'm going. I only have the one lens (18-135mm) and the Tamrac takes my camera, battery grip and lens, as well as my filters and cleaning kit in wee pockets on the inside. It feels bullet-proof to me. So good that when I eventually expand my kit I would stick with Tamrac.

Zorro.

Various lenses, SB800 & Manfrotto 190 with 460MG head

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:07 am 
The only thing I don't like about those kind of camera-shaped bags/cases is like you say, they scream "I contain a possibly, really expensive camera!" :)

I'm going shopping in a few days and I'm after the Lowepro Slingshot 200AW (or is it AW200)...looks like a normal day to day rucksack that most people carry and can be conveniently "slungshot" around your body for easy access to your cam without actually removing the bag from your body.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:20 pm 
I'm with ChinaMark. I bought the Lowepro Slingshot 100AW (from Amazon) for when I go travelling next year and it's a great little bag. It comfortably fits my D80 + 18-200mm, Hood, spare battery, filter case, blower and has room for a future Nikkor 50mm 1.8D purchase I plan on making as well as the charger / cables. When it rained during a recent music festival I went to, it was nice to be able to quickly throw over the all-weather cover too.

Also, this all fits in the main camera hold & front pocket, leaving the secondary top pocket free for whatever else you want to throw in. The 100 version is the smallest of their slingshot range too so you could even go up to the 200 or 300 models if you need more space.