Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:25 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:00 pm 
Right now I'm looking for a camera bag that also allows me to carry things like maybe a water bottle or two, cell phone, sunglasses, food, etc. to carry on day trips like if I was out hiking or walking around a city or something like that.
I have a rebel xti with a 55-135 zoom, and I'm looking to buy a wide angle 10-22 sigma and a 60mm canon macro.
I was looking at the sinking barge and crumpler bags because I like the style (I'm looking for a backpack that does not look like a camera bag) but I dont need the space for a laptop. I would like to spend no more than 200$. Any suggestions?

P.S. I'm only 5'4 so something huge might not be the best thing. besides that, I don't exactly want to lug around some huge thing :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:08 pm 
rain resistant would be a large plus! (I always seem to be stuck in the rain at the most inoppurtune times!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:39 pm 
I use a Lowepro Rover AW and I really like it. It's a two compartment pack (gear on the bottom, stuff on the top). I can carry my Canon 20D with an EF 28-135mm lens attached (with hood on), EF 70-300mm lens (with hood on), 18-55mm lens, 580EX II flash, extra battery, flash cards, tripod, lunch, light jacket (top compartment is not huge), and two water bottles on the side. It has a hip belt for long hikes, and a handle on top for easy pick up. It's all weather and extremely comfortable. My only complaint is that it's not easy access, but I don't think any of the backpacks are. You have to take it off to access the bottom compartment. But really, that's a small problem. Description and specs here:
Link

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:53 am 
Site Admin

Hi Katie, these might be overkill, but they do different models and sizes, so it could be worth checking out further...

http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Crump ... Barge_bag/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:27 am 
thanks for the replys. Does anyone in the US know where I could try any camera backpacks out? I'd really just like to try some on and get a feel for how big they are.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:49 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Katie, most camera shops will have bags, and you may also find some suitable models in outdoor shops...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:29 pm 
I use the Tamrac Adventure 9, but they have others in the adventure series such as the adventure 7 without the laptop compartment.